Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Acme 21996

Received it in December.
(Apologies to those who get tired of seeing photos of A2's over and over. John just makes such great jackets.)

Made from John's seal brown Japanese HH, LHJ103. This and the Horween "Vermont Espresso" are my two favorite "A2" horse hides.
The usual artistry one expects with a Good Wear A2.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeff the jacket is perfect in every way. Enjoy breaking it in. I have a GW Dubow made from the same horse hide and it is one of my favourites.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yup, I zipped past the bottom of the post where it was obviously was, and have now corrected. But thank you for pointing that out, Andrew.

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Jeff,
That's beautiful and a perfect fit! Just got my 21996 from John within the last 2 weeks as well. I opted for the LHJ105, the Japanese semi-aniline dark seal, because like Andrew, I have a Dubow in that hide as well. Congrats and enjoy!

Brian

CBI

One Too Many
Love my GW 21996 - the best. Looking great Jeff!!! John is the MAN

Brettafett

One Too Many
Lovely jacket Jeff. If I am not mistaken, you have a few GWs... Which is your favourite pattern?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
John does beautiful work, and everything he makes seems to be a work of art. Jeff, your pictures illustrating what he does are top notch, including fit. :thumb:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Simply brilliant Jeff! How many A-2s does that make now? You must have a nice collection going on there now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael