Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy....wants to know about Reenactment groups

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Waxahachie is a yearly, big event for this area. I helped found it & get it off the ground a few years ago, but am no longer involved with planning. I think it is kind of an all-encompassing WWII weekend - I know there is some homefront stuff, I've heard Russians, etc. It isn't theater-specific. It isn't the most authentic if you're a stitch nazi, there are lots of things like motorcycle clubs and such. But it is fun and a good place to walk around looking cool in uniform, and meeting a lot of other reenactors. The square is neat and there are some nice antique shops and things. I hear this year they are going to try to have a USO show and a dance. There are always quite a few veterans, and the veteran's ceremony on Saturday morning (where I will be) is awesome.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DoolittleRaider said:
Dix,

thanks for showing me this, i will certainly plan on attending. Waxahachie is like 20 minutes from my house. i live in grand prairie, Tx (right in between Dallas and Ft. Worth.) so ill thoroughly plan on attend this.

FtWorthGal,

ok, ill see on joining this Group then, i would love to join and share my passion with others.

Oddly enough DR, I've got family in Arlington, TX - my wife was there over the weekend! I've told them about the event in Waxahachie - unsure if they can attend yet, but I'll let you know.

-dixon cannon

Django

New in Town
If you want to get in with Chuckie, I know one of the guys working on her.

I'm curious to hear the story on your problem with the CAF. Here we are flying in Ol' 927 in vintage flight gear. Of course we painted the nose art, so that was slightly different circumstances...

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_8662.jpg

IMG_8645.jpg

Reenacting painting the nose art as reenactors. :lol:

IMG_8733.jpg

This kid just soloed in his Dad's mustang, in vintage gear. How cool is that??
http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30802

cco23i

A-List Customer
Well Django it all depends on the CAF unit. Our unit here in Mesa the PR guy basically blew our ground crew display off and boy is he gonna be surprised when the word gets back we set up at the Midland Odessa show! The folks at Midland Odessa were GREAT! As Gena and I were talking she said all the CAF units are somewhat different so you really can't judge all by one. I know we will definitly do the shows for Midland any time they want!

Scott

Zig

New in Town
Hey Doolittleraider,

Don't worry about how certain inividuals treat you at shows. When I started doing airshows in 1980, reenactor was a dirty word. But I was on a B-25 crew wearing a period uniform. Once the airshow pilots & people got to know me, I was accepted as one of them. Overall, airshow people are more accepting now than ever before. Go out and have a good time.

As for Eagle Sqdn, it's a little tougher without the correct kites to hang around, but still do-able. Here are a few pics of mine. First is me in the cockpit of the B-25D I was crew on during the 1980's. The others are ES type photos taken at airshows. We do have three fellows in Texas doing Eagle as well. One is a pilot for the CAF on the B-24.

CoPilotB25.jpg

Flag2.jpg

Groupshot.jpg

Larry.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24