Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hat

Siirous

One of the Regulars
I like the looks of it too, but the feather looks big. Of course that can always be tailored to personal taste. The 1985 date is probably accurate, I notice the liner shows a mesh, unlike the more vintage lids. I'm curious as to whether the felt is fur or wool, but regardless for 15 dollars it is hard to go wrong. The important thing is that you think you look dapper with it on your noggin when you get it!

-Rob

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
The James Dean image in the headliner is the copyright-protected property of the James Dean Foundation. The hat is a Stetson, one of a number of their "James Dean" models. I've seen the hats and the logo before. The foundation probably had an arrangement that allowed Stetson the use of the image.

Johnnybegood

New in Town
Hey, thanks a lot for your replies fellas. I agree with Rob, if you like it, and it looks good on your noggin, that's what counts. But Uncle Vern's revelation that the hat is made by Stetson is frosting on the cake! I appreciate the good info, and am thinking the $15 purchase price is a pretty sweet deal to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum