Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
I wonder if we passed each other, I moved to NEPA from Elm Ave, Maple Shade. And worked at the CH Mall!!!!!

HANSOLOJONES said:
Howdy. I live in Cherry Hill. About 12 years or so.I am really originally from South Philadelphia.

Regards,
HSJ.

M. Jeffroy

New in Town
Hello everybody

My name is Jeff, and I have been interested in all facets of the 1930s and 40s for several years now. I wear vintage daily, ranging from workwear to suit and tie. Having lurked around here for quite a while, I decided it was high time to start contributing to this swell community. I look forward to getting to know all of you better and to enjoying the Lounge even more with my long-delayed participation.

Jeff

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
M. Jeffroy said:
My name is Jeff, and I have been interested in all facets of the 1930s and 40s for several years now. I wear vintage daily, ranging from workwear to suit and tie. Having lurked around here for quite a while, I decided it was high time to start contributing to this swell community. I look forward to getting to know all of you better and to enjoying the Lounge even more with my long-delayed participation.

Jeff

Welcome to the Lounge Jeff! Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
M. Jeffroy said:

Jeff

Welcome, Jeff.....Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I do!!

Toshmahal

New in Town
just skulking about

I am very new here. I have done mid-century/deco furniture restoration/refinishing for years (my website if you are at all curious....www.toshmahal.com) as well as custom framing and
I love what I do. In the last few years I was finally able to make
a name for myself and do it on my own and that is most rewarding.
Also have some designs we've come up with to build higher quality
(no thanks, Ikea) furniture in that same style that I will be building
in the near future. Very interesting to see some other people into
these things and alot of interesting and informative stuff here. A very
diverse crowd too. Pleased to meet you.​

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Toshmahal said:
me up with to build higher quality
(no thanks, Ikea) furniture

It's funny when one sees Ikea furniture one immediately recognizes it. I mean, they sell some OK stuff but the majority of it is ...
In houses, you can tell right away. And when the furniture is sitting discarded on the sidewalk after the apartment dwellers have moved out, and you see the back and all the pressboard innards, swaying in the breeze, behind that glowing laminated exterior, it just looks sad ... I feel for the trees that gave up their lives for that complete garbage.

Nice to meet you Tosh, and I'm happy to know another real carpenter.

nyx

One of the Regulars
Hello,

I'm new here as well, although I've been lurking for awhile. I don't have much time to go vintage shopping, since I have a new (10 month old) baby, but I love vintage clothing and styles. I very much enjoy reading the threads on beauty tips, especially since I've always been such a dunce with my hair. Although, it's very hard to do pin curls with a baby balanced in one arm ;)

agent d

New in Town
nyx said:
Hello,

I'm new here as well, although I've been lurking for awhile. I don't have much time to go vintage shopping, since I have a new (10 month old) baby, but I love vintage clothing and styles. I very much enjoy reading the threads on beauty tips, especially since I've always been such a dunce with my hair. Although, it's very hard to do pin curls with a baby balanced in one arm ;)

It IS very hard to do pin curls while balancing a baby...I'm new to the lounge. I'm a hairdresser that specializes in vintage styling. I love glamorous 20s 30s robes, 30s 40s suits, 40s dresses, skirts, and shoes, 50s cocktail dresses, and costume pieces from those eras. I need more closet space. I have a '61 Fury (Irene)...voted ugliest car of the year when she came out, but I love her. I'm enchanted to be here!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Toshmahal said:
Likewise. And yeah, it is pretty sad that these trees gave thier lives just to be set on the curb so soon.

To be formed into something ugly is sadder. They don't mind rotting in a dump at all.

Ellie Jane

New in Town
Hello Ladies,

I just became a member, but I've been lurking around and reading the forum for a couple of months now. You all seem so nice and welcoming, I know I'm going to be here for a while.

See you round gals!

Ellie Jane

New in Town
Hello Gents,

I've been lurking around the Powder Room for a while now, but I just became a member and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm new to the whole vintage scene, but have always believed in good manners and good grooming - I'm finding as I get older a lot more of what I feel resonates with the 'Golden Era'. It's lovely to be able to chat to folk of a similar ilk. :)

Hope you're all well.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Hello fellow loungers!

I've been hanigng out in the powder room for awhile, and finally started to venture out into the rest of the lounge..there is just so much here, it's almost like too much vintage stimulation!;) ha ha! So, I'm taking my time checking the rest of this place out.

The lounge has become my happy place as everything I've been reading and looking at just makes me smile, and gives me the feeling of content. (sigh..)

Anyhow, I'm 33, happily married for 10 years to my Marine husband. I have a lovely little 4yo girl that loves nothing more than to listen to the swing cd's I make for her and play in her little vintage dresses all day. I've been collecting vintage items, all sorts of things, whatever I can find at the time and in whatever part of the country we are in, but most of it is all in storage, since we move so often. I'm saving it for the day we buy the house I plan to never move out of. I'm the collector of the family photos, so I have lots of vintage photos, mostly of my maternal grandparents and my maternal side of the family. I'm slowly starting to get some out of the paternal side of the family, but it's hard, they hang on to everything!! I've always been attracted to anything from the 50's since I was very little, and started to get more into 20's thru the 40's in the last 12 years. I also collect turtles. I love the color red, (it's an addiction), hence my name.

And that's me in a very small nutshell. Thanks for having me here!

SwinginAnne

New in Town
New girl on the block

Hello all you gorgeous dames! My name is Anne and I ,admittedly, lurked here for a short while before signing up. I am most attracted to the 30's through 50's era's. I have to say that I have gotten some of the best advice and tips from reading all these posts and checking out the wonderful pictures. So thank you, everyone! I look forward to talking to you much more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails