Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Pale Lady

New in Town
Another new gal

Oh my goodness, I’m so happy to have found this site! I was googling the other day for “Veronica Lake hair”, which led me here. I’ve spent the past couple of days reading various posts and liked what I saw enough to join. So a little about me…I just turned 47, am happily married, have 2 grown children and too many cats. I have always felt out of sync with circumstances and clothing/hair styles, as if I should have been born in the 1930’s or 40’s instead of 1962. I love everything about that era; the movies, the music, the clothing, the hair, the etiquette and the manners. What’s the old line about “—when men were men and women were glad of it”!! I don’t own any vintage items, as budget will not allow. But I have made a recent decision to begin buying retro-looking clothing whenever possible. (There goes my allowance—gee, thanks, Fedora Lounge!) And even though I do not wear foundation, powder, or rouge, I have also recently begun wearing mascara and lipstick every day. It’s amazing what a little color on the lips will do for a girl’s spirit! In closing I look forward to getting acquainted with everyone and to reading the many posts I have yet to go.

Harritah

New in Town
Greetings from a fellow costumer in Seattle!

I jump in and out of the site as I have time. Found it because I am doing research on putting together a Titanic event with my costuming group here in Seattle. (Somewhere in Time, Unlimited)

Right now, I am looking for the posting where someone mentioned the lovely Titanic era shoes she had used for a wedding. The link took me out to a woman who sells these beauties that are reproduction pieces. Considering I wear a size 10 shoe, I can't fit "originals" as it were. So if you happen to be a regular on the site and know my answer, I'd love to hear it.

I'm also trying to re-work the SITUSeattle site, but you are free to visit frequently. Go to: www.CostumingInSeattle.com If you click on "Past Events", it'll take you to a collection of photos that I have uploaded for 2008, with lots more coming. On the one called, "Great White Fleet", I'm the tallest in the back row... Smiles, Rita

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Esme said:
OH, KITTY VON KIRSCH, you can be my new best friend!!!
YAY!!!:eusa_clap :D Lovely to meet you Esme. I don't think i can pm you yet but I will as soon as I can, although feel free to pm me when n if you can :)
Would love to catch up sometime, although we're a little far away... we're in Osborne Park. Tis the weirdest thing...when I read your original post in here I thought,..bet she works in Armadale lol. I have no idea why. Strange...
Would be great to get to know someone with similar interests that's been through what we're going through with immi. You sound terribly interesting , just my kinda gal :D

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Seams13 said:
Hi KittyVonKirsche, I don't know whether you have come across this website, http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/ but I'm sure that it may be of some interest to you. Hope it will be. :)

Ps. Hope everything works out regarding the residency. x

wow Seams13 thankyou that site is brilliant. Cant wait to have a good read. Just the kindv thing I love. N the lady reminds me of my great gran :D Thankyou! Oh n thankyou for your Ps x

Esme

One of the Regulars
Yeah, Kitty, I tried to send you a PM but got a message saying that either you have declined to receive or are not allowed.
Must be a minimum post either way thing.
Anyway, I do work in Armadale, but I live in Cannington. I come to your area to shop all the time.
If you want to get together for one of the vintage flicks in Como sometime, let me know. Heavy duty AC sounds good in this heat!!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
ooo just realised I didnt quote you properly Esme sorry. Oh definately the movies would be great. The zombie wont go to anything like that with me grr. Ill try n get my posts up so we can pm :D

Esme

One of the Regulars
Ohhh, Mandurah's noice, very noice indeed.
We should all get together for a movie. Private messaging must not be enabled since the site crashed a while back or something.
I removed my email. If you want it, let me know here and I will get it to you. I am not comfortable leaving it here permanently.

Topdog

Familiar Face
Hello, everyone,
I found this site while looking for a new hat. I have been lurking for a month or so and have gain a wealth on insight and knowledge. I am currently waiting on a Stetson Chatham to be delivered from Aaron's Hats. I am seriously considering working with Art Fawcett on a custom hat but I need to determine the direction I want to go with it first. I have been bidding on ebay, but haven't been sniping high enough.

What led me to a classic hat site? First and foremost is the total lack of style displayed by the masses and their baseball caps. I truly hope classic hat styles make a comeback. When I see someone freezing in the bitter cold with a trench coat and no hat, well....... it just amazes me.

A little about myself, I am 49, live in Charleston, SC, spend my time juggling work, love for the arts and theatre, coin collecting , Cowboy Action Shooting, fishing and riding my Harley.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more about the style of the Golden Era, when men were gentlemen and women were........well I don't know, I have never understood women in all of my 49 years. But I like 'em.:)

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Honey I'm home

As much as I loved being a lurker around these parts, I feel its only fair to step in and introduce myself. So finally I have registered! I'm 26ish and live in Beautiful British Columbia. I discovered this site after buying my first Fedora, and have always checked in to learn and listen to the incredible patrons and tenders here.. With the information I have absorbed from this forum I have since purchased a few more choice hats, and there are many more to come. Hopefully I can add at least a fraction of insight compared to what I've taken.
Thanks

Brunettebeauty

New in Town
Introducing Myself

Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while, and finally decided to join. I live in Fresno, California. I have been loving the styles from the 30's, 40's and 50's for a very long time now. Just bought my first house. A small house built in 1951. I love seeing all the beautiful ladies and their fashions on this site. Plus, I love hearing about all your wonderful thrift/vintage/antique store finds! I sew, and knit, but don't do much garment construction I'm afraid. I have made dresses and things for my niece off of vintage patterns. I love the graphics on the vintage patterns. I collect in my house mainly 30's, 40's and 50's kitsch. I look forward to posting pictures of my finds, my styles, and getting to know all the wonderful people of the board.

Oh, and about my avatar. I am a nurse, so I thought it was fitting. Can't wait to participate!

lady

New in Town
I'm new!

Hi Everyone,
The Fedora Lounge has been bookmarked on my computer for a very long time now, but I didn't have the right sort of email address. Eventually I realised that I would just have to get the right sort of email address, or I might be considered a stalker!
I'm 20 anda bored, bored receptionist. I'm about to go overseas thoguh and when I get back I'm going to start making a living with my creative side, not my phone skills haha.
I have always loved old hollywood glam and decorated my room/home that way, but have recently become interested in 20s to 60s clothes/hair/life (particularly 40s.)
I WISH there was more of a vintage community in Sydney..there might be but I'm not aware of it. Please tell me if there is!
Anyway, I'm excited about being able to post here now!
xo

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
I don't know that this counts, but I've been off the site for various reasons (mostly work) for over a year and a half (or more), except occasionally stopping by to lurk about the edges. I have indeed thought quite a lot about the discussions I was missing and all the old fun so, finally, I hitched up my skirt and ran all the way back. It's like returning to your old hometown in that everything's familiar but also quite new. *sigh* I can't wait to delve back in.

L_H

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lena_Horne said:
I don't know that this counts, but I've been off the site for various reasons (mostly work) for over a year and a half (or more), except occasionally stopping by to lurk about the edges. I have indeed thought quite a lot about the discussions I was missing and all the old fun so, finally, I hitched up my skirt and ran all the way back. It's like returning to your old hometown in that everything's familiar but also quite new. *sigh* I can't wait to delve back in.

L_H

Welcome back. I always enjoyed reading your contributions.

xNIKOLx

New in Town
New kid

Hi y'all! Been reading this board for a good long time. I've wanted to pipe in on so many posts and now i finally got an e-mail address so here i finally am! Just wanted to introduce myself, my name's Nikol, im from Las Vegas and im looking forward to talking with all you gals!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy