Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New offerings from Diamand Dave

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm currently sorting out the final details on my next purchase, one of DD's Buco J100 repos.
During the course of our discussions on lengths etc he sent me a few pics of A two tone cropped Buco j100 and a wool/leather G1?

Thought you guys might like to see them, hope Dave doesn't mind.

1459447deacb0cbd75b1369c52550a19.jpg

deabe8c91c7200b116df5052a3065f21.jpg

4ba83340fa74cad68c4b46f0aa724bc9.jpg

I'll post the pics of the other when I get time to upload them.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As promised here is the other....I think its a G1 but could be wrong....the military jackets aren't really my thing.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Omfg! Shawl collar cossack! This thing is incredible! Just needs side buckles at the waist :)

Edward

Bartender
As promised here is the other....I think its a G1 but could be wrong....the military jackets aren't really my thing.

Looks like a minimalist version of a shawl-collar Cossack cross-bred with a letterman jacket. Nice design. I can see the stud fasteners being popular with those who have expressed a dislike of buttons on their leathers in the past.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Two Steves in agreement...I can't decide which is uglier the wool monstrosity or the awful two-tone....still it's all very subjective, to each his own, one man's meat.... etc etc.... and we're clearly in a minority here.

IMO...the pocket design hurts the wool/leather model. Would look much better if they were not near as tall or as sharply angled at the top. Actually the Cafe D-pocket seems somewhat outa sync with such sharp edged angles..but perhaps that is what would be appealing to some(?).
HD

GregO

One of the Regulars
With the exception of the large pocket patch on the J100, I think the two-tone looks fantastic. Different, and very sharp.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Tell us how you really feel, Steve(s) ;)

Sorry didn't mean to be so ambivalent..... My main feeling is that Diamond Dave who is reputedly a maestro in his makings really shouldn't be messing about with this stuff, it's like Salgado doing Martin Parr photos.....

Last edited:

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
In the interest of full disclosure maybe I should add that I'm aware that my jacket aesthetic is rather stick-in-the-mud, unadventurous, conservative...some may say dangerously reactionary. I'm afraid I can only appreciate the austere nobility, the harmonious simplicity, the majestic classicism of a monochrome (and indeed mono-material ) coat. It concerns me not whether the leather be black, brown, cordovan, russet or tan--merely that it be unanimous. Nor does it irk me whether it is from a source bovine, ovine, equine.... or whatever -ine goat and kudu are (though I do draw the -ine line at feline) as long as it is a single species. Why, I don't even care for contrast stitching !

There I've got it off my chest now...offers of flowers, sympathy, therapy, etc will be considered. Thank you all.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Haha, it's all good bro. Just giving you a bad time. If anything, Dave would rather hear the constructive feedback than a bunch of "wow, that's amazing!" comments. Sadly, he's no longer present on this forum, but I'm sure this feedback will find its way to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL