Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New/old Daytons Men's shop coat

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
So I pulled this out of a goodwill last week, it was a rumply stained mess. I got my local dry cleaner to work some magic, and I have this to show for it. The question is, what did I buy? Is this Hudsons, as in Dayton-Hudson the company that became Target, or something else?

183575_1574887137501_1395261571_31232547_6759371_n.jpg

183569_1574882817393_1395261571_31232546_5677555_n.jpg

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Hudson's was a big Department store in the Detroit area. For many years they had a huge flagship store in downtown Detroit, and they branched out into just about every shopping mall in the suburbs,too. They went through several name changes, eventually became Macys, and still remain in most area malls today.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thats great looking coat. Nice find.

jeep, as far as the first name changeover away from Hudson's, do you have any idea when that was so its possible to sort of date the coat?

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
Thats great looking coat. Nice find.

jeep, as far as the first name changeover away from Hudson's, do you have any idea when that was so its possible to sort of date the coat?

well, that's exactly what I had in mind..... the wiki puts Hudson's as being around from 1881 until the 1983. Nice info, but does nothing to date the coat.

Can anyone place the tags shown? there are two other tags, a small one in the collar area saying made in England, and a less fancy one inside the pocket. I thought that one woud be the gold, but there are no dates or codes there either, just a model number and name for the coat etc... Ill see if I cant get a picture of that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR