Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to me Johnson Leathers ebay buy

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
I just picked up this Johnson Leathers jacket off of ebay. It's a reproduction of a vintage Monarch civilian flight jacket, made in Horween overdye black HH. I'll post more pic's when I get it.

s-l1600 (20).jpg s-l1600 (21).jpg s-l1600 (23).jpg s-l1600 (24).jpg

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
I'm really looking forward to it. The purple quilted lining really caught my attention too.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Love Bach but can't play piano to save me life but I do play trumpet and make reproduction vintage guitars. Peacoat, this is my second Johnson Leathers jacket as well, my first was a naked cowhide bootlegger I purchased from another lounger. Alan makes unbelievable jackets.

Roma

A-List Customer
The purple padded lining and grainy leather make this jacket look awesome.

Отправлено с моего SM-N920C через Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Congratulaions that is a nice one. I saw that on ebay, just didn't ft me. I own a Johnson Hercules and owned a custom bootlegger. They make very nice affordable leather jackets. I also own some original Monarch civilian jackets. The Monarchs are certaily worth re-making. Notice the shot of the French seams, characteristic of Monarch. Monarch also used a somewhat bright green quilted lining that stands out. Look forward to more pics. Thanks for sharing that jacket.

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
Saw this on the bay as well but wasn't my size. Looks great and I'm sure you'll love it
Johnson has/had overdye HH? I've seen the cow but HH is news to me.

Edward

Bartender
Love Bach but can't play piano to save me life but I do play trumpet and make reproduction vintage guitars. Peacoat, this is my second Johnson Leathers jacket as well, my first was a naked cowhide bootlegger I purchased from another lounger. Alan makes unbelievable jackets.

Stunning jacket. That's exactly the sort of 'close to an A2' type that civilians wre actually wearing in the late forties and into the fifties... Don't see enough of this sort of thing on the 'scene' these dyas, imo.

What sort of repro guitars do you build?

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Stunning jacket. That's exactly the sort of 'close to an A2' type that civilians wre actually wearing in the late forties and into the fifties... Don't see enough of this sort of thing on the 'scene' these dyas, imo.

What sort of repro guitars do you build?

I mostly build Fender Telecasters and a few Les Paul's.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Received the jacket today, It's actually better than the pictures except the size. It was listed as having a 21" pit to pit, I haven't measured it but it's got to be closer to 23.

The leather is unbelievable, I was mistaken earlier it's actually steer and about 2.5oz. Compared to my Steer Aero's this jacket needs zero break in time, yet still feel like it will last a lifetime. The french seams on the jacket are very impressive, Johnson Leathers workmanship appears to be second to none. The pockets are lined with soft leather, nice touch and the quilted lining just slides right on.

If it wasn't for being a bit big, I would never let this jacket go.

I'll post some pictures over the weekend and get the correct measurements. I might have to relist it because it feels to big on me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR