Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie - introduction

J.B.Saxon

Familiar Face
Howdy folks,

before starting an official new thread, I think its better to introduce myself first.
My name is Juergen. I am 44 years old and I am living in germany. Since 1982 I am a reenactor in american history. I started my interrest in being a cowboy. Shortly after that I discovered that there is more than just dress up for an impression and I started "studying" american history and live. My focus is still on past times and I collected several outfits and items for several impressions. So I took part at interresting reenactments, like the one and only train robbery that Jesse James ever did in the 1870s (there was a real steam train in france). We have been on several cow camps (all over europe), a fair which played at the times of Pancho Villa on the mexican border in the early 20th century and we did some action in the great depression. ---

Since last years fall I am studying and collecting live and times of american soldiers, serving for the US Army Air Forces which have been on the british airfields in the late war.
This forum was very helpful while starting a new impression and so I am a proud owner of nice things so far. Lately my B-4 Mae West arrived and I was lucky to find an AN6550 flight suit in an acceptable size. Just preparing my crusher cap like Paddy wrote in an older thread...

Me and my co-pilot (he is my saddle partner since 22 years and also just starts collecting AAF stuff) are planing to head to Duxford this July. Hope to meet some nice ladies and guys over there and have a good time. Are there any suggestions which may be helpful in planing that weekend? Is it neccessary to buy the gold pass tickets? We would like to get as close as possible to the warbirds and reenactors...

Enough so far and keep this site flying - lol

Semper Fi

J.B.Saxon

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Welcome

Hi Juergen

Welcome to the 'lounge' I am a newcomer here too and have an interest in WW2 usaaf.

You will certainly enjoy Duxford and the 'Flying Legends' Maybe I will see you there

Colin

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Welcome!

Glad to say howdy, too! The WWII section of the FL is pretty active and a VERY friendly place. We've also got quite a wealth of knowledge spread amongst us and you're welcome in the Nissen Hut! -- Col. Z

J.B.Saxon

Familiar Face

Thanks a lot, guys, for the fiendly welcome.

@ Colin : We are looking forward in going to Duxford - maybe we will meet.

@ MK : yep, you are right - very quick first post, but I joined some other forums long time ago and there have been many idiots around. So I allways just watch a forum before I waist my time in trying to get some good threads and chats. Think here I won´t waist anything.

@ Col.Z : Right - I found much knowledge here, by browsing old threads and hope that helped in not making to many mistakes.

As soon as we got time, we will take some pics for yall and post them.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome JB to the WWII room and Lounge.

Great to have another European on board. Once you feel you have got your kit sorted, do post a few pics. Hope you will be wearing some of it to the Flying Legends Show at Duxford this year, as it is truely entering into the spirit of things by letting others see how the old fellas dressed as young bucks in the AAF during WWII.
Glad you've found us and that we have been of some help over the past months. Look forward to more postings from you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy