Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**NEWS EXTRA**Good Wear flying jackets take vintage authenticity to new heights!!

greyhound68

A-List Customer
***GOODWEAR WEBSITE HERE***

Wanted to post some pics of my new Goodwear Bronco in goatskin made by John Chapman's new company. First off the leather is outstanding almost like my original Doniger. It is amazing how close this is to WW2 goatskin. Fit and construction are excellent. I supplied John with my measurements on one of the best fitting A2s I have and sent along another good fitting one for extra measure. I can say that no issues with the fit. Price is $880 or $830 if you supply your own zip which I did (nice NOS crown). Enjoy the photos. It was tough to wear outside due to the 95 degree heat so only took one shot. John was also kind enough to take the jacket to the Air Flight Museum where he got a bunch of WW2 aces to sign it. Neat.

front_view_flat-4.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Rufus

Practically Family
Stunning jacket....I've got to say, a goatskin A2 sounds like a great option...

Is it considerably lighter than the Horsehide ones?

Kind regards,
Rufus

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Rufus,
The goatskin does tend to be a bit lighter but it all comes down to weight of the leather. John uses about a 2.5 oz goatskin which is less thick than the 3 or 4 oz horsehide some repro makers use. What I really like about the goat vs horse is the goat is more supple and flexible and usually tends to take less time breaking in.

fishmeok

Vendor
Goodwear Pre-Production Dubow

ust a couple of quick shots of my new Goodwear Dubow- one of John's pre-production jackets. Simply the best A-2 I've ever owned. - I'm going to post a review on the VLJ this weekend with better pics. Size 48, I'm 6' and 190 lbs (OK, 194). It was a little large but I performed some hot water surgery and the fit has improved dramatically. I'm rather fond of the "shrink to perfect fit " concept..
John sized this jacket up from an original 40 and it shows in the way the jacket maintains the boxy cut in it's larger size. Everything is in perfect proportion and the extra length fits my torso nicely. I'm wearing an original pair of "pinks" in the picture to give a little period perspective.
Cheers
Mark
DSCN2063.jpg

DSCN2064.jpg

DSCN2065.jpg

DSCN2070.jpg

Rufus

Practically Family
Great looking jacket Mark...

That hide looks stunning! (Which is it may I enquire?)
The patina on it is great... so many hides now look like lino..

Ohhh...I'm so jealous...!

Hope it wears well!

Rufus

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Lovely, lovely jacket Mark. Cut is great and the grain on the leather beautiful. I think that smile says a lot about how happy you are with your new A-2!

Just the thing for autumn.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This man is on Cloud Nine!!

That jacket is the 'Cat's Pyjamas!!' What a corker of an A-2. JC is really re-setting the benchmark for the quality of A2's on the commercial market right now. Well Done!!:eusa_clap

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks guys- it's the Pueblo Bridal Cowhide- fairly heavy and thick but still very supple. It's also signed by 4 WWII pilots and has an original Talon Zipper.
Cheers
Mark

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
For comparison. An Aero Leather Coy oil pull A-2

This is my old oil pull HH Aero Leather Clo A-2. Sold it a few years back. Natural wear BTW, nothing induced.

DOGTAGS011.jpg

DOGTAGS010.jpg

AeroOilPullA2012.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda