Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh wow....what do I even say? >.<

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Shield the women and children! The short/suit combination has arrived! :eusa_doh:

WARNING: Graphic depictions of how to look like a complete fashion faux-pas inside.

You have been warned. Click if you dare.

Sunny

One Too Many
Aside from the look, the "Why be hot at work?" bit leaves me behind. [huh]

It's called air conditioning. And it works. All too well. I am cold at work. I wear stockings and sweaters at work throughout the summer. I have a space heater under my desk! A knee-length skirt is comparable to shorts, and in my office and other places I've been, it's not that comfortable. Of course if your office doesn't have A/C, that's another issue. Or if you're quite warm-natured. But don't try to tell me that businesswear shorts are good because they're practical.

donCarlos

Practically Family
It´s terrible, I hate it and it shall be banned
However, is it new? No. I know I saw some 30´s fashion plate with man wearing a blazer with shorts. It´s extremely informal and looks strange, but still it´s a proof.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9748/dbivorysuitcopy6mb.jpg
I can remember one more, but can´t find the photo.

And one more thing - while looking at the pictures from that NY Times article, I felt real physical sickness. I guess that means I´m totally infected by this forum´s style :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Sunny said:
But don't try to tell me that businesswear shorts are good because they're practical.
It's just a sales pitch for a trend that will hopefully just not take off. However, given the way that people tend to conform, I fear the worst.
If I were a purchasing agent let's say,for a company, and a sales representative came in dressed like that,...lol There is just no way I could ever take him seriously or do business with the company he represented.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have a great shot of myself (somewhere . . . ) in an outfit just like that. I was four years old. I looked so cute!
If you look at the slide show it's interesting. Most of the outfits shown look like they're meant to make the wearer look like a sissy. But there a couple of shots that don't. I think in THEORY, wearing shorts should be OK. But in practice . . . I mean, I wear shorts in the evenings, weekends, etc. But for business??? I don't think so.

Feraud

Bartender
donCarlos said:
It´s terrible, I hate it and it shall be banned
However, is it new? No. I know I saw some 30´s fashion plate with man wearing a blazer with shorts. It´s extremely informal and looks strange, but still it´s a proof.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9748/dbivorysuitcopy6mb.jpg
I can remember one more, but can´t find the photo.

And one more thing - while looking at the pictures from that NY Times article, I felt real physical sickness. I guess that means I´m totally infected by this forum´s style :)
Good point. Bad fashion happen in every era.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
It's high time we started vintage town, where we could have laws in place against this sort of debauchery! lol lol lol

Hear, hear! Public indecency is more like it.
dbivorysuitcopy6mb.jpg

The caption for this picture is:
Man in tan suit:
My good man, why are you dressed like that?! Did your wife run off with your long pants and you had to borrow your son's knickers? :eek:
Man in swim suit: Yes, if you are going to be on the beach then what I am wearing is more apropos.
;) :p

dr greg

One Too Many
and the problem is????

As someone who sweated through high school in the sub-tropics wearing woollen uniform trousers, there seems nothing basically wrong with the idea of that look at all, apart from the socks and the jackets! In Brisbane where I grew up, it was perfectly acceptable to wear shorts and long socks to the office with a shirt and tie, mind you, aircon was pretty much a novelty back then, I haven't been back to check in a while....dress to the conditions I say!

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
And what is with the child-like pose on the left. Heidi Klum and a lot of models do it - pidgoen-toed, rounded shoulders. Is this supposed to be cute or sexy or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot