Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ondrej Havelka - Swing

donCarlos

Practically Family
Yes, I think I posted these links some time ago... He´s good, but he performs in Prague quite rarely.

And when we are talking about new czech jazz and swing, try these:
Sestry Havelkovy (Havelka Sisters)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhS2isITzFE&feature=related

and the famous Original Prague Syncopic Orchestra (O. Havelka used to sing with them)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v88gAjMUP5U&feature=related

and one from Slovakia - Bratislava Hot Serenaders (they have lots of remakes, you may know most of the songs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLOzerZdEHQ

That´s all I know about, not much, it´s hard to find a place with music to dance here...

Edit: Oh, I see I´m not the only one who knows about BHS :) Good for us!

benstephens

Practically Family
Fantastic,

Pearhaps an event in Prague?, I will be on the first plane. I believe there is a nice 1920s hotel there as well?

Vitanola, very good, thank you very much.

Kindest Regards

Ben

benstephens

Practically Family
Wow,

Just returned from Prague after seeing Havelka last night. It was one of the best dances I have been to. The concert hall was magnificent with three tiers of galleries. The dance floor was packed, which just added to the atmosphere.

The music he played and the showmen ship was out of this world.

Many times whilst we were there, just looking out over the dance floor with the majority of people wearing black tie, it could have been the 1930s.

It was also lovely to go around Prague, and the ride in the 1928 Vintage bus was the best way to see Prague, I think many people thought they had gone back in time when they saw us in vintage clothing on the bus!

Photos to follow.

Kindest Regards

Ben

donCarlos

Practically Family
Oh, I noticed that "big dance event" on 4. April just now! Just on my birthday!
Never mind, I was on kind of a date out of Prague, so...

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Let me just add that Mr Stephens took me there as a birthday surprise. Best surprise EVER (he told me we were going to Peterborough for the weekend!)

Havelka was fantastic and the dance hall amazing. Also the Bratislava Hot Serenaders played too, also excellent. A great night had by all.

:eek:fftopic: Prague is quite simply the most beautiful city I think I have ever been to. Perhaps my view of it is slightly skewed by the fact that I saw it from the back of a 1928 charabanc, surrounded by my lovely boyfriend and friends, but there you are. The architectural detail is stunning, everywhere you look.

Can't wait to go back one day. More Havelka, please!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Peterborough or Prague...haha-

Quite a difference there Simone!! Can't wait to see the pics. What a marvellous suprise. As the American's might say, your b/f is a 'keeper!!'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24