Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions of Noble House

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
I've read several not too inspiring reviews of Noble House products. Reading not that they were a bad product, just so-so, or only OK.

Seriously giving thought to trying them out and purchasing a new coat from them. This one here:

ebayfrontwww.1.jpg

Has anyone purchased from them and has anyone purchased this particular coat? Maybe folks opinions of their quality have improved over the last couple of years?? Any details of those opinions you might have about the quality of leather, dying, stiching, lining, fit, etc, would be appreciated.

Metatron

One Too Many
I own a Uhu jacket, and i'm very happy with it. The jacket is well made, and the sizing is fine, a couple of e-mail exchanges were enough for me to get a good fit-albeit with an off the rack size, dunno if they do custom fitting.

Now I must say that the jacket is not as lavishly produced as the aero jackets i've seen photos of here. However this is to be expected considering the price difference.

Now on the subject of price, this company offers some rare designs that are either very elusive or very expensive elsewhere.
For example the only other late WW2 German jacket reproduction i've seen is made by Original Fliegerjacken but it's €350 more! And personally I doubt that wartime jackets (plastic zipps and all) were as luxuriously produced as the Original Fliegerjacke offering. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure theirs is a top quality product, just not for me at this point in time. I'm happy with the NobleHouse product, I got what I paid for and it definitely isn't sub par.Just not on the level of the more expensive offerings of the elite companies. And it errr... smells very nice.

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your opinion. This will probably be a buy then in a month or so.

I guess I'll purchase from their e-Bay store. Their web store seems to have a problem with the link to this coat.

Edward

Bartender
I own a Uhu jacket, and i'm very happy with it. The jacket is well made, and the sizing is fine, a couple of e-mail exchanges were enough for me to get a good fit-albeit with an off the rack size, dunno if they do custom fitting.

Now I must say that the jacket is not as lavishly produced as the aero jackets i've seen photos of here. However this is to be expected considering the price difference.

Now on the subject of price, this company offers some rare designs that are either very elusive or very expensive elsewhere.
For example the only other late WW2 German jacket reproduction i've seen is made by Original Fliegerjacken but it's €350 more! And personally I doubt that wartime jackets (plastic zipps and all) were as luxuriously produced as the Original Fliegerjacke offering. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure theirs is a top quality product, just not for me at this point in time. I'm happy with the NobleHouse product, I got what I paid for and it definitely isn't sub par.Just not on the level of the more expensive offerings of the elite companies. And it errr... smells very nice.

Your jacket would be one of the fabric jackets rather than the leather? I've not handled either, but from everything I read, while I'd be inclined to go the extra mile for leather, the NobelHouse Kanaljackes sound great - and not a design easy to find elsewhere either!

Metatron

One Too Many
The one I have is the leather 'heatable' jacket. It kind of looks like a cafe racer with a mouton collar. I'll post some pictures if you like.
A member here called John Lever had a thread here with photos of the more luxurious Original Fliegerjacke version.

Yeah the Kanalkacke really looks spot on, it could be their 'flagship' as it looks like the most historically correct and most exclusive of their jackets. Probably too warm to be practical for me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic