Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Jazzman

New in Town
My Two Cents

Thanks Wild Root for the compliment earlier (and I still dig Stardust Falls - Hoagy would be smiling). Having said that, I thought I might put out a name myself. It doesn't really point to anything or anyone in particular so it might, in turn, appeal to many:

Ammonsfield

I dropped several state names behind it and it always seemed to ring true. I also Googled it and nothing came up. We might pick up a domain name and start a blog or website with vintage photos and map, run, of course, under the banner of the local newspaper, "Welcome to Ammonsfield..."

Whatever name we pick, it would be really cool to begin laying out the town from overhead.

Any thoughts?

J.B.

Practically Family
johnnydnh said:
How about Rubegold Berg?
emogrinyespe7.gif

Fletch said:
...Lake Veronica...
Wild Root said:
Lake Veronica!!! THAT'S COOL!!!:D
I REALLY DIG THAT ONE!!! :eusa_clap
I'm kind of partial to Veronica, myself! :)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, rather. Forsythe Pendleton Jones III. When I told friends I had to get the Subaru WRX back to my dad one guy said "Ashley is a daddy's girl." Oh yeah, sez I sweetly, I'm Veronica Lodge. Point is, as my dad would annoyingly say, the name doesn't matter. (I vote for Willoughby) ;)

olive bleu

One Too Many
I used to run a pastry shop , so i could be the baker & keep the town in sweets( someone has to look after the job security of "DAncing Sweetie" & "Daisy") Did anyone ever volunteer to be the dentist?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Let me guess JP, you'll also run the Barber shop too eh? That's how it was done... the Barber was also the tooth puller... SCARY!

If that is the case, I'll be taking my mouth to a real City! That might have worked fine for the 1840's but, I'm a fan of the modern advances of the 1940's! lol

=WR=

Christopher

New in Town
I wouldn't mind being the Librarian in a Burgess Meredith sort of way.

Wouldn't mind owning the winery up on the hill either. "Willoughby Hills Vineyards" 'cause of course its in the hills overlooking Willoughby.

And it only snows a little bit so that I can wear my camel fur overcoat and top hat too! Need to have the occassional freezing temperature so that we can have the occassional Eisewein.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Well, rather. Forsythe Pendleton Jones III. When I told friends I had to get the Subaru WRX back to my dad one guy said "Ashley is a daddy's girl." Oh yeah, sez I sweetly, I'm Veronica Lodge. Point is, as my dad would annoyingly say, the name doesn't matter. (I vote for Willoughby) ;)

That was the originally agreed upon name, but then jamespowers decided he wanted a town with no changing seasons and took the name for his sunny all the time town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24