Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Arrives

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Just received my first Panama yesterday, a Montecristi Fino blocked in the Havana style. I'm very pleased with this hat as my first foray into "dress" hats as opposed to western hats which I wear most days. I've included a couple of pics but sorry for the quality.
normal_front_view.jpg

normal_side_view.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
Who's the maker?

It's from our very own Bob Weber (Panamabob), I'm pleased with the service received and the quality of the hat for the money I paid, OK you gotta wait a while but somethings are worth waiting for. I've ordered hand made pipes in the past and had to wait 6 months for them to arrive so 8 weeks is good by me.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great looking lid Nigel!

Nice one Nigel :eusa_clap

I'm working up to pulling the trigger on a 'Gambler' model, which I think will fit my head/face shape the best.

Enjoy the Summer in your great looking tile!!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic looking hat and judging by the colour of your ears, Looks like it came in the nick of time.

Johnny

Chaperon

New in Town
Nice hat !

The shape does look good on you.

I'm also waiting on a PanamaBob special - he is one busy man. If you don't know, he has a new addition to the family just recently, and is therefor probably not getting much sleep either.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
What does everyone think of your new hat style?

They all like it, my wife had doubts when she first saw it but when I put it on she was impressed, I'm off to the races a week on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for good weather, so it can have it's first "official" engagementlol

judging by the colour of your ears, Looks like it came in the nick of time
I don't know why they look so red as they're not burnt and I never have a hat off my head, my workaday hat is a pinch front straw with a 4" brim. So plenty of shade there.
11236426_tp.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Very very nice. Don't make the mistake I did (before I learned better at FL, of course). Don't pick it up habitually by the pinch or it will wind up with broken straws. Great if you want to look like a seedy old geezer, but not if you want to look cool.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Crown

I love the shorter crown (at least it appears shorter from the pictures).

Is that a specific style of panama? I have seen many with such a high crown and wide brim you'd mistake it for a white sombrero from a distance, but that hat looks great!

RedPop4

One Too Many
That is called "Havana"
I don't grab mine by the pinch, instead grabbing either the brim, or sliding it off the shelf until I can reach under and grasp the hat from the inside.

I will gently hold the hat by the pinch, with my entire hand, to settle it down on my head once it's up there.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I hadn't seriously considered Panama hats until joining this forum a couple of weeks ago and now this very moment after seeing those pics, Nigel.

If I could afford it, I'd being contacting Panamabob immediately :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy