Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paper Dolls

Inky

One Too Many
I can't find a thread on this so my apologies if there is one, combine as needed, Bartenders ;)

I found these very cool Ziegfeld Girl Paper Dolls (you can print them and cut them out - woohooo!)

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/ziegfeld/index.html

and larger here:

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/ziegfeld/cutouts1.html

and Betsy McCall! I loved her when I was a kid:

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/betsy_mccall/index.html

Carmen Miranda (modern issue)

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/carmen/cm_index.html

and more on the main page:

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/index.html

how about you ladies - any paper doll collectors out there?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, those are COOL! Thanks for sharing!
My mom collects Betsy McCall paper dolls and dolls. She's who introduced me to McCall magazine when I was just a little girl- and probably is partially responsible for my pattern and magazine addiction ;) My grandma would buy her the 50s counter books from the sewing store when she was a little girl and my mom would cut those up to make paper dolls with, too. Wish I had those catalogs!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Ziegfeld Girl is one of my favorite movies, but I had no idea there were paper dolls made to go with it! Those are completely amazing; thanks for sharing!

Foofoogal

Banned
Holy Cow. It is Christmas. What a find. :eusa_clap :eek:

I was a Betsy McCall freak as a child. Could not wait to get the magazine. I just picked up an old McCalls as they had her in it.
We used to play for hours with our dolls. I had the Lennon Sisters and we would cut out new clothes for them out of magazines and such. Even had furniture. Thanks for those.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love the Ziegfeld Girl paperdolls and the original set always goes for so much. I have a modest paperdoll collection that includes Originals, Reprints, Independantly published and new sets. Most are movie related. My favorites are My Eve Arden and Four Daughters sets. I have the 6 sisters 6 and sweet 16 set that is one the site you linked. I also have a 40's version called 7 and 17. I also love the teen ager paper doll sets from the 40's and the fashion ones. I have a set of showgirl paperdolls called Pert and Pretty. I could go on and on. I love paper dolls. I have even made a few sets myself.

cecil

A-List Customer
Ooh I love paper dolls! I don't have any but my old housemate had heaps of the Tom Tierney ones. I wanted them so badly. I wanted the dresses even more! lol

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I have vague but fond memories of paper dolls cut out of magazines when I was small, late 60s, early 70s. They were kept in a cigar box or two, if I remember correctly, and gave me hours of imaginative fun.
Though they're long gone by now, I have a few books of faerie paper dolls now, as well as one of Little Edie Beale! (Thanks to my intrepid husband and his acceptance of my Grey Gardens obsession ;)

Earlier in the year, I discovered these in an antiques show, and bought a zippy bag full for $5. The majority were mailed to my pal in GB, but I kept two or three pieces for myself.
3092026934_3ec8835ce6_o.jpg

Thank you for shaing those Inky! I have bookmarked the links. I am not really a collector of paper dolls but I do have a few sets, some that I played with when I was little, The Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy book, Gone With the Wind repro, and Deanna Durbin.

deadpandiva said:
Most are movie related. My favorites are My Eve Arden and Four Daughters sets.

I LOVE the Four Daughters! You must post a picture of those!!!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
So exciting Inky! I can't wait to print and cut them out. I have some Elizabeth Taylor paper dolls and clothes but would love to have a Betty Grable set. I would really love to see the Four Daughters set too deadpan diva. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am goning to take picutes of some of my nicer sets but these are ones I received as Christmas Gifts. They are Repros and a new Tom Teirney set. I have been looking for the Hghschool Paperdolls set for at least five years.

3f94db31cd8e.jpg

c90621dcd246.jpg

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
oh! I love paper dolls!!!
Great links and pictures.

I do collect them - From Betty Grable to Art Deco Fashions (my favourite at the moment... if you ask me tomorrow it will probably be different!).

I do like Tom Tierneys work.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I forgot I had this until it appeared during yesterday's major overhaul of the desk and its surrounding stacks of ephemera.

chaincatcleandeskhailJan2010002.jpg

chaincatcleandeskhailJan2010039.jpg

And somewhere I have a charming paper doll of Little Edie Beale, but I can't remember where I put it for safekeeping....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails