Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pen Pals?

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Just curious if any of you Loungers have ever communicated with each other with good old fashioned pen and paper? Sort of like an FL pen-pals club? Would be a great excuse to use real stationary and fountain pens, not to mention practicing the art of letter writing, which seems to be a skill the modern age has dropped by the wayside. The lost art of handwriting, too!

Would anyone be interested in starting up an FL letter writing campaign? Addresses would be kept in private PMs of course.

The last time I hand wrote a letter to anyone was in high school, and it was probably just a note to my boyfriend, lol. I've never written a proper letter to anyone as an adult, just scanty informal emails. I actually have no idea how to go about doing it.

When I was in elementary school I had a pen-pal in England; we wrote to each other fairly regularly for a few years, even sending Christmas presents once in a while. As we got older we drifted apart; I have no idea where she is now. Do schools even have pen-pal programs anymore, or has the advent of email, internet, and instant global access made that concept moot?

Edited to add: Well, that teaches me to not scroll down the topic list, I just saw a similar thread started in 2006. Oy Vey. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner