Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playboys on Parade!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I don't see why you should "give up" on anything. Instead, just wait patiently for something you really want to cross your path. When it does, bid like you mean it ... ;)

I understand what you are saying and I will do that. it's just that the Whippet isn't as important to me anymore. The more I learn about Vintage Fedoras' the more my taste changes. My favorite hat to wear is my Stetson Open Road that I got here on the forum. My newly acquired Strat would be my second and my Amon Carter is my third (and my dress hat). I just love the style and look of the Playboy (especially the early light weight models). If I see a nice Whippet in my size I'll probably be all over it though.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I understand what you are saying and I will do that. it's just that the Whippet isn't as important to me anymore. The more I learn about Vintage Fedoras' the more my taste changes. My favorite hat to wear is my Stetson Open Road that I got here on the forum. My newly acquired Strat would be my second and my Amon Carter is my third (and my dress hat). I just love the style and look of the Playboy (especially the early light weight models). If I see a nice Whippet in my size I'll probably be all over it though.

I sold this black Playboy a couple years ago...it did not even get close to a C note.
playboy001qe6.jpg

By carouselvic at 2008-10-27

TipTop

Practically Family
How does "Royal" Stetson compare to Stetson "Sovereign?" Were they both top-of-the-lines in their respective models or one surpassed the other or were from different eras?

The early Playboys were (are) great lids, and relatively inexpensive to manufacture -- lightweight (thin) body, simple bow, no liner, raw brim edge (except for the quick-and-easy row of wholly decorative stitching), etc. I'd make clones by the dozen if I could get the lightweight bodies.

Last edited:

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Picked this one up on Etsy, for what I think was a steal. It looks like it was never worn before or at least very well kept. Would anyone be able to date this for me?

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

JonnyO

A-List Customer
RBH & danofarlington: Thank you guys for the dates, its always cool to be able to narrow it down that closely, you guys are good!

randooch: Its a light grey but it does have a very slight bluish tint to it. I think the first three pictures show the color the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay