Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Where do Fedora Loungers live?

What country are Loungers from?

• Africa

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Asia

• Australia

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Europe (Western)

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Europe (Eastern)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• South America

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • UK

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • USA

Votes: 97 66.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Ah! Since when were there so many Australians!?

41XDJCY2N1L._SS500_.jpg

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
swinggal said:
I hate that too. I was always taught to pronounce things properly. I'm from the country originally and my dad is pretty ocker but mum isn't. Shortening things is a funny Aussie/British trait but doing that doesn't make you ocker. Depends how you say it ;) No cossies here in WA...we say bathers. That's another thing I love - Aussie regionalisms. Fascinates me!

Polony - Devon - Fritz
bathers - togs - cossies - swimmers
case - port
drinking fountain - bubbler
slingshot - shanghi - ging - gonk
telephone pole - stopie pole
apart from the regional terms, I love the differing accents too. I've lived all over, from Sydney & Canberra to the Torres Strait to the outback. In each region you have to get up to speed on the local dialect as well as come to terms with how they say things.

When you ask your mates to the pool, do you invite them to the poo-l or the pull?

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
VitaminG said:
When you ask your mates to the pool, do you invite them to the poo-l or the pull?

I'm a poo-l girl myself. The other thing I love about the Australian accent is the upward inflection at the end of a sentence. It makes every statement sound like a question.

Strewth, we've hijacked this thread haven't we?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MissHannah said:
The aussies are way out-numbering the Brits at the moment! I thought there were tons more of us than that on here :)
There are.......but for some reason you're not showing up at the polls.[huh]

Oh, it sure ain't the smallest town, every town in every direction is smaller, except for Portage which is about 9,000 people. Most of the other towns are under 1,000 and we're about 2,000 here. I would be happy in a smaller town, I really want a farm, but wish in one hand ---- in the other, see which one fills up first.

p51 said:
Bah, I scoff at Pardeeville being "small."
I live in Washington state, about halfway between Seattle and Portland. The "downtown" we have is about a quarter of what I see in your photo...

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
So where are all the Floridians? I know there are more from the sunshine state, and at least one from Gainesville too!
Wolfe

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
With nearly 20,000 members, it would be great to see just where some of you are from (it's just fascinating to be honest!), so if you have a minute spare, just click on the little circle next to your part of the world :)

I've just done mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points