Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portable hathook

DarthBish

Familiar Face
Coming from Australia I wasn't really keen to fork out for one to come from overseas (it would've been upwards of $100 bucks, including postage) so I whipped up my own..

What ya think??

BishHook002.jpg

BishHook003.jpg

BishHook004.jpg

Hereward

One of the Regulars
DarthBish you have made a very useful device and it looks just the ticket to me. Well done! If only I wasn't so cackhanded I'd make one myself.

Engrishman

Familiar Face
If it's not for commercial purposes, aren't you allowed to make your own version? It seems more like an arts-and-crafts project for DarthBish than an actual commercial venture. I don't see how protection would matter, in that sense, unless he tried to sell it.

bendingoak

Vendor
That's why I said just a FYI. I have no problem what he did for his own use. The FYI was for him or anyone else who thought about coping it and trying to sell it, what kind of jerk would I be if I didn't give him a warning.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Just another FYI. Darthnish, do not use your portable hat hook in your car with someone sitting director behind it. Let's be safe.

Is there a story that goes with that warning? I have an image in my mind of some poor passenger getting a concussion and a broken nose from one of those "hard as cement" cowboy hats! lol

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Size is my biggest hold up in this portable hat hook. Takes up a lot of room in the pocket. I design and build stuff like this for work and while this is a way of doing it I don't see it as answer for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner