Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RBH

Bartender
SonOfaPreacher said:
DSC02024.jpg
[/IMG]

Soap
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I applaud your effort, SonOfaPreacher. Can't say I want to buy your hat, but I dig that you are among the growing number of guys here who dove right in and made their own lids. Over the past couple of years I've witnessed this progression -- from reshaping to resizing to cleaning to refurbishing (sweatband replacement, reblocking, etc.) and now made-from-scratch lids. Very good, y'all.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
SOAP, For a first effort? Fabulous! Even with practice, some will never get that good. I predict you will do more. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks All!

Yes I did work very hard and so much research as well. If all goes well I will have a few more to display as well. I am very much inclined to attempt to replicate a rust/pumpkin wippet, something a little more my style. Son of a preacher man, hum... wasn't it Nancy Sanatra? Thanks you all for the kind words. And I am always open to share all that I have learned to this point.
What a hobbie!
SoaP:D

surely

A-List Customer
tonyb said:
I applaud your effort, SonOfaPreacher. Can't say I want to buy your hat, but I dig that you are among the growing number of guys here who dove right in and made their own lids. Over the past couple of years I've witnessed this progression -- from reshaping to resizing to cleaning to refurbishing (sweatband replacement, reblocking, etc.) and now made-from-scratch lids. Very good, y'all.

My feeling too!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

As for the color: ya gotta be strong to wear baby blue.

Thanks Stoney! I have checked out some of your lids and was so impressed I screwed up the courage to attempt it myself. My next one I have planned will be a bit more conservative color wise:eusa_doh: . My wife raises her eyebrows everytime I grab a lid to go out, so the blue color put it over the top and she refuses to be seen with me if I wear it:eek:. What do I do!? Oh well, moving on to my next project, I will stick with the same general specs, perhaps a bit taller crown and a diamond crease. I really like the rust red color and it will complement many of my outfits. So as we are learning, custom home crafted lids can be made. I give thanks to all those folks who have made posts concering hat repair and building, it gave me the incetive to give it a shot. Good luck to all those that give hat making a try and gladly offer any insights I my be able to share.
What a great group! You guys, and gals, Rock!
SoaP

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Two New Summer Hats

Hey all,
I just got two new summer hats; a Borsalino cap and a NY Hat Company Panama. Thought I'd post pictures here to show.

I'm mainly looking for feedback on the cap. I've been told that tan caps don't look as good on me as darker colored ones due to me being blond haired and blue eyed. I'm wearing a light shirt in the pictures, so maybe it works. Also, I'm questioning whether the cap is a little too small. The front seems to come up a bit, though maybe its just the style. Comments would be appreciated!

The Borsalino Cap:
Borsalino_cap_1.jpg

NY Hat Company Panama:
NY_panama_1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Picked this up for Deelovely at an antique store today for $32. :) Needs a brushing and that's about it.

P3240014.jpg

P3240012.jpg

They also had an old boater for $45 It said the Locust on the liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ