Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
When I first saw Daniel's hat it reminded me of my Lee Gadabout, a lightweight light gray hat with a spare streamlined shape. It's one of my most versatile travel hats. It would be nice with a bound brim. Maybe we should talk... ;^)

gadabout.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
When I first saw Daniel's hat it reminded me of my Lee Gadabout, a lightweight light gray hat with a spare streamlined shape. It's one of my most versatile travel hats. It would be nice with a bound brim. Maybe we should talk... ;^)

View attachment 52068

Yet again an outstanding hat Alan!
I personally prefer a bound edge on most, especially on a brim with that shape.

I use laiton thread as well. That is what gives the brim that particular look.( daniel's hat I mean)
It keeps the tension on your edge and gives it an extra good snap.
And it makes sure it stays that way.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele might be able to tell if it was made by Falcus. It's definitely not a Ghiffa factory Panizza.
Yes it was made by Cappellificio Falcus the modern owner of the trade mark Panizz
Regardless of when and by whom, it's still a fine Italian hat and worth every penny. Even at twice the price.
Moe your "modern" Panizza dated the mid 80' It is very well made and I have one very similar, without linen, made in Ghiffa, historical production factory of Panizza.
In this period I am considering very carefully some Italian productions of the 80'.
Those were the years of great change in the Italian hatters property and production .
The quality at least until the 90s who produced Panizza, Vanzinas, Barbisio was much more interesting than we think.
Your hat is worth much more of the twenty dollars spent and I think it is a quality product .......more than contemporary hats

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
My new Coober Pedy in Santone Fawn.

Now I have it in BGG, Black, Sand and Santone, love'em all !!.

Funny thing is that when I got my first one, BGG, I tried it on an dislike it a lot, so it stayed on its box for 3 or 4 months, then one day it was raining so I decided to wear my "ugly" looking hat, but, but, but, this time I looked in the mirror and loved it !!! So much that I ordered it in Sand, loved it too, so here comes Black and Santone, love'em all !

If they made it in Glen Grey or Moonstone I will get one right away.

b39ea6b86bb6810c42d3b2b504c614d3.jpg
97f0e629cd9e469fda2e8a5cd278386a.jpg
f4b20573f6927b03935d3b44b050c3bf.jpg
f51663a34add9e1f873b10dfdf96f985.jpg
107d05469a949e598d3756cc68089e5e.jpg
19bdd754268504ccedf040d7f3a52a34.jpg
153156ea3733336ca9a95ca4cdeb1964.jpg
c981e66d51a2ccfd4a9a3c9ff10e467e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
My new Coober Pedy in Santone Fawn.

Now I have it in BGG, Black, Sand and Santone, love'em all !!.

Funny thing is that when I got my first one, BGG, I tried it on an dislike it a lot, so it stayed on its box for 3 or 4 months, then one day it was raining so I decided to wear my "ugly" looking hat, but, but, but, this time I looked in the mirror and loved it !!! So much that I ordered it in Sand, loved it too, so here comes Black and Santone, love'em all !

If they made it in Glen Grey or Moonstone I will get one right away.

b39ea6b86bb6810c42d3b2b504c614d3.jpg
97f0e629cd9e469fda2e8a5cd278386a.jpg
f4b20573f6927b03935d3b44b050c3bf.jpg
f51663a34add9e1f873b10dfdf96f985.jpg
107d05469a949e598d3756cc68089e5e.jpg
19bdd754268504ccedf040d7f3a52a34.jpg
153156ea3733336ca9a95ca4cdeb1964.jpg
c981e66d51a2ccfd4a9a3c9ff10e467e.jpg

I'm having a somewhat similar reaction to the CP in Regency Faun I received a couple days ago. It's such a damned big hat, I fell like its overwhelming me. And I'm not used to its look on me...yet. Right now I'm planning on using it for outdoor activities where maximum sun protection is required; but maybe my attitude will eventually change too.

P.S. The CP certainly looks good on you; I can see why you have such a collection. And I especially like to kangaroo pin. Where do you get all those cool pins that adorn your fedoras?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I'm having a somewhat similar reaction to the CP in Regency Faun I received a couple days ago. It's such a damned big hat, I fell like its overwhelming me. And I'm not used to its look on me...yet. Right now I'm planning on using it for outdoor activities where maximum sun protection is required; but maybe my attitude will eventually change too.

P.S. The CP certainly looks good on you; I can see why you have such a collection. And I especially like to kangaroo pin. Where do you get all those cool pins that adorn your fedoras?
Hi Charles,

Same thing happened to me, it felt "to darn big", BUT now I love the look !!! I have a bunch of Snowy River too, just because my girl loves the look of that hat on me.

I do believe you will get used to it and will end up loving the hat !

I got my pins on ebay, some are harder than others, normally they go for around 20 bucks including shipping, some less, some more. Some are Pilot wings, other are vintage plane pins !

The Kangaroo ones I get the from an australian seller, 12 pins for around 20 bucks, just search in ebay 12 x Australian Souvenir australia gold plated kangaroo loose stick pins, seller is tusam1 .
Good luck finding your pins !!!

Best regards.

Rodolfo.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Hi Charles,

Same thing happened to me, it felt "to darn big", BUT now I love the look !!! I have a bunch of Snowy River too, just because my girl loves the look of that hat on me.

I do believe you will get used to it and will end up loving the hat !

I got my pins on ebay, some are harder than others, normally they go for around 20 bucks including shipping, some less, some more. Some are Pilot wings, other are vintage plane pins !

The Kangaroo ones I get the from an australian seller, 12 pins for around 20 bucks, just search in ebay 12 x Australian Souvenir australia gold plated kangaroo loose stick pins, seller is tusam1 .
Good luck finding your pins !!!

Best regards.

Rodolfo.

Thanks for the encouragement and the lead on the pins.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
I raided a costume rental owned by a friend. I've gotten some sweet hats from costume shops before, but come home with these 4 guys today.
2016-06-26 21.50.17.jpg

From left to right, a 70s? Biltmore Golden Pheasant velour, an 80s? Dobbs 707, an early 60s Alexander, and a 40s Knox Twenty.
All could use some TLC, and the Biltmore is the only one with its liner still. The Knox, being by far the oldest is in the worst condition unfortunately. Sweatband is coming out, and there's a tiny hole I'm the back where the pinch was. Apparently people have been wearing this hat backwards for a very very long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou