Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

armod

Familiar Face
just bought my first hat last week.

3391237143_63e6639303.jpg

the akubra bogart. I went with what looked good already instead of shaping myself. also to get used to wearing hats (been loving it so far)

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
armod said:
just bought my first hat last week.

3391237143_63e6639303.jpg

the akubra bogart. I went with what looked good already instead of shaping myself. also to get used to wearing hats (been loving it so far)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Penney's Marathon

A Penney's Marathon OR-style. More pics in the Open Road Guild thread. Actually a very deep black color. Hard to get pics to show correct color.

B

3407727353_414513bbd0_o.jpg

3407727247_d36ac74c2a_o.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I popped in a 'vintage' store in town the other day on a whim. I don't go in this one much anymore, they're mostly trendy hipster now, but they usually have a good selection of waistcoats, at least. They also have a shelf with piles of hats, mostly from the late 60s or later. I didn't have much hope, but rummaged a bit. I found this at the bottom of the pile.

DSC09314.jpg

Covered in pet hair, lint, and dust, but it's got a fairly high crown and the sides even have a bit of reverse taper. So I brought it home and cleaned it up, restiched the sweatband where it was coming away. No liner, just some adhesive where a label was glued to the top of the crown. The sweatband says 'Spezial Marke' and has a set of initials 'E.Z.'
The brim is a hair over 2".

DSC09317.jpg

DSC09318.jpg

I haven't gotten the edge of the brim quite as smooth as I want it, but it's a darn sight nicer than it was.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
There's nothing like the satisfaction of bringing a neglected treasure back to life, with your own hands. Well done!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I've already straightened 'er out. Just thought I'd leave this pic up for a while and have some fun.

I'll bet this will dispel that notion that I look good in every hat. :D

And I doubt Carey will want to add this one to her "list". lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
AFTER USING WATER:

It's riding a little high here. I went back and molded in that little hump in the middle of the crown needed for it to settle down on my head just a touch.
DSC_0018.jpg

Not sure if I ever calculate the weave count correctly so I'll leave it up to the curious among you based on this photo. It's mid-grade, I'd guess, but I really like the old vibe of this hat.
DSC_0024-1.jpg

I had to reattach the sweat and tack the ribbon back into place too. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy