Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Hückel Weilheim "Soleil", Hückel's Clipper, size 57cm, possibly late 1950s early 1960s.

42383395685_ccdb59268f_b.jpg

Love this! Surprising considering this looks almost exactly like my truck interior did today as I vacuumed enough dog hair (left behind by my daughter's large dog) to probably build this hat. Another reason I like my Poodles.

Really...I love the hat! :D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The "Paglietta" as we call this hat here in Italy is made of simple straw braids sewn together.
It came as a gift a few years ago with a poor and very usual finish
1z1zcbm.jpg

It was too large for my head and its shape did not fit my melon.
8wgrx4.jpg

It stayed a few years watching the parades of felt hats, then I decided for a gamble.
I sent it to Fleur - Penumbra hat in the Netherlands to find a solution.
2ih5urr.jpg

Her simple and very fascinating proposal pushed me to continue the refurbishing project
s5eq9g.jpg

Her proposal to make it less ample, to be able to wear it was well done, but it is I, who once with the head on the "Paglietta", I feel a fish out of the water. So no pictures of my face with Paglietta :rolleyes:
2ihl1lh.jpg

As you can see the sweatband and pierced to avoid overheating of the head and the tip is not to feel the straw scratching the head.
140x28k.jpg

I am very happy with my project and its implementation, but the "Paglietta" is not my bread.
2rca2qa.jpg

So if someone want to trade please let me know ;)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The "Paglietta" as we call this hat here in Italy is made of simple straw braids sewn together.
It came as a gift a few years ago with a poor and very usual finish
1z1zcbm.jpg

It was too large for my head and its shape did not fit my melon.
8wgrx4.jpg

It stayed a few years watching the parades of felt hats, then I decided for a gamble.
I sent it to Fleur - Penumbra hat in the Netherlands to find a solution.
2ih5urr.jpg

Her simple and very fascinating proposal pushed me to continue the refurbishing project
s5eq9g.jpg

Her proposal to make it less ample, to be able to wear it was well done, but it is I, who once with the head on the "Paglietta", I feel a fish out of the water. So no pictures of my face with Paglietta :rolleyes:
2ihl1lh.jpg

As you can see the sweatband and pierced to avoid overheating of the head and the tip is not to feel the straw scratching the head.
140x28k.jpg

I am very happy with my project and its implementation, but the "Paglietta" is not my bread.
2rca2qa.jpg

So if someone want to trade please let me know ;)
Great ribbon and bow. Never realy appreciated bi-colored creations. I appreciate this one very much. Subtle and classy.
Good go.
Bowen

psklenar

One of the Regulars
Followup to https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...waiting-for-today.81825/page-214#post-2433767

Arrived this AM ... a Stetson Playboy, est mid 1950's to early 1960s. eBay. It fits. No obvious (to my eyes) issues. Third picture: "Stetson Employees Factory Store Reject". It's in the freezer as recommended by AbbaDatDeHat, jlee562 & deadlyhandsome in the "Ask a question" section.

More pictures and details once it comes out of the freezer later this week. :)
pat----

Attachments

• IMG_20180709_114403.jpg
    IMG_20180709_114403.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20180709_114548.jpg
    IMG_20180709_114548.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20180709_114832.jpg
    IMG_20180709_114832.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 77
Followup to https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...waiting-for-today.81825/page-214#post-2433767

Arrived this AM ... a Stetson Playboy, est mid 1950's to early 1960s. eBay. It fits. No obvious (to my eyes) issues. Third picture: "Stetson Employees Factory Store Reject". It's in the freezer as recommended by AbbaDatDeHat, jlee562 & deadlyhandsome in the "Ask a question" section.

More pictures and details once it comes out of the freezer later this week. :)
pat----

I have never frozen a hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn