Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This one came in this week through the Oregon exchange program, sometimes used as a stopover for hats in transit also.
Dobbs Hanover Square in blue. Bound brim at 6,5 cm and crown 10,5 at the center dent. Not a lightweight hat at 129 grams but what a glorious hat this is. Nice hand to the felt and the colour is more outspoken blue than for example borsalino's mirtillo or Cavanagh's midnite. Now and again @Michael A wears his and I always liked the look of that one very much. In my view best worn brim up (the brim has quite a pronounced downward snap) but it works either way.
dobbs hanover_01.jpg
dobbs hanover_02.jpg
dobbs hanover_03.jpg
dobbs hanover_04.jpg
dobbs hanover_05.jpg
dobbs hanover_06.jpg
dobbs hanover_07.jpg
dobbs hanover_08.jpg
dobbs hanover_09.jpg
dobbs hanover_10.jpg

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Great Dobbs, fantastic colour, and super photos of the store then and now, Stefan. Congrats.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Steve. Keep your eyes peeled and on this thread today. More of interest coming.

Dang, that is nice, Stefan. Is there a hint of lavender in the brim binding?

Michael
Thanks, Michael. Very glad to add this one to the fold. No smell of lavender anywhere:). The colour of the brim binding is ever so slightly lighter than the felt, which sets it off very nicely. The hue is hard to say for the chromatically challenged, like I am.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This one came in this week through the Oregon exchange program, sometimes used as a stopover for hats in transit also.
Dobbs Hanover Square in blue. Bound brim at 6,5 cm and crown 10,5 at the center dent. Not a lightweight hat at 129 grams but what a glorious hat this is. Nice hand to the felt and the colour is more outspoken blue than for example borsalino's mirtillo or Maclachlan's midnite. Now and again @Michael A wears his and I always liked the look of that one very much. In my view best worn brim up (the brim has quite a pronounced downward snap) but it works either way.
View attachment 164648 View attachment 164649 View attachment 164650 View attachment 164651 View attachment 164652 View attachment 164653 View attachment 164654 View attachment 164655 View attachment 164656 View attachment 164657
Just stunning Stefan!
Mike did you well!
I can only imagine what when to Oregon!
B

Echter Mayser Flaum. It's a quality designation meaning something like "fluff"; not quite a chamois finish but not your everyday felt either. Lightweight hat at 88 grams and unlined in a size 57, with the bound brim at 6,3 cm and the crown 10,5cm at the center dent. This is one of those hats I bring along thinking I can make it work for me with a cork spacer between the sweat. Doesn't work that way for some reason (damn); I really like these lightweight hats.

mayser flaumm_01.jpg
mayser flaumm_02.jpg
mayser flaumm_03.jpg
mayser flaumm_04.jpg
mayser flaumm_05.jpg
mayser flaumm_06.jpg
mayser flaumm_07.jpg
mayser flaumm_09.jpg
mayser flaumm_10.jpg
mayser flaumm_11.jpg

Just stunning Stefan!
Mike did you well!
I can only imagine what when to Oregon!
B
My thoughts as well, Michael. My screen seems to show a purple or plum cast. Overall, a really super hat!
Randy, Bowen, thank you. Very pleased with this one. We're keeping the Holland-Oregon line open and well maintained:)

Let's do another one.
Hückel Welheim Chevreau. Size 57 with the bound brim at 6,3cm and crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. This one has lost its feather (it was no more than a stalk when I found it). This must have been a good seller for Hückel because these turn up on a regular basis (Steve has several of them) in a few variations and finishes. This one is too wide for me (and I already have one of them) but it's too good a hat to not bring it along.
hückel chevreau_01.jpg
hückel chevreau_02.jpg
hückel chevreau_03.jpg
hückel chevreau_04.jpg

hückel chevreau_06.jpg
hückel chevreau_07.jpg
hückel chevreau_08.jpg
hückel chevreau_09.jpg
hückel chevreau_11.jpg
hückel chevreau_12.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele: Living in the Eden of Hats must be a wonderful experience. I can see how you would not be loyal to one or two brands. Always looking for a great hat, no matter what brand. Keep sharing those awesome hats. I love seeing them
Dennis will try to keep the flow of Italian and European, especially French, hats constant. For the center of Europe, Steve thinks extensively and Stefan is our free hitter in the northern lands ;)
A small example here BorsaTronca 8.jpg and with more photos and explanations in "What hat are you....." Borsalino arrived in a lot of which I have some doubts about how to act. To keep? Restore? Sell?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Hanover Square in blue. Bound brim at 6,5 cm and crown 10,5 at the center dent. Not a lightweight hat at 129 grams but what a glorious hat this is. Nice hand to the felt and the colour is more outspoken blue than for example borsalino's mirtillo or Cavanagh's midnite. Now and again @Michael A wears his and I always liked the look of that one very much. In my view best worn brim up (the brim has quite a pronounced downward snap) but it works either way.
dobbs-hanover_01-jpg.164648
Congratulations to the two merchants who travel beautiful merchandise on the Seattle-Holland route. We look forward to seeing the quality of the exchange, now traveling

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Let's do another one.
Hückel Welheim Chevreau. Size 57 with the bound brim at 6,3cm and crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. This one has lost its feather (it was no more than a stalk when I found it). This must have been a good seller for Hückel because these turn up on a regular basis (Steve has several of them) in a few variations and finishes. This one is too wide for me (and I already have one of them) but it's too good a hat to not bring it along. View attachment 164682 View attachment 164683 View attachment 164684 View attachment 164685
View attachment 164686 View attachment 164687 View attachment 164688 View attachment 164689 View attachment 164690 View attachment 164691
Two super finds, Stefan. I really like the colour of the Mayser and its thin ribbon. The bow on the Hückel is very eye catching. Shame they're not your size.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

And the latest addition. Sometimes it pays to go to the bottom of the bin of awful seventies and eighties and end up digging this one out of oblivion.
Panizza Foulard in steel grey (acciaio). Size 58 with the raw edge brim at 6,5 cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Still needs some steaming and has been at the receiving end of the pecking order by the looks of it (with some minor mothing spots here and there), but still the quality shines through.
panizza foulard_01.jpg
panizza foulard_02.jpg
panizza foulard_03.jpg
panizza foulard_04.jpg
panizza foulard_06.jpg
panizza foulard_07.jpg
panizza foulard_09.jpg
panizza foulard_12.jpg
panizza foulard_13.jpg
panizza foulard_08.jpg

Last edited:

DRB

One Too Many
Echter Mayser Flaum. It's a quality designation meaning something like "fluff"; not quite a chamois finish but not your everyday felt either. Lightweight hat at 88 grams and unlined in a size 57, with the bound brim at 6,3 cm and the crown 10,5cm at the center dent. This is one of those hats I bring along thinking I can make it work for me with a cork spacer between the sweat. Doesn't work that way for some reason (damn); I really like these lightweight hats.

View attachment 164671 View attachment 164672 View attachment 164673 View attachment 164674 View attachment 164675 View attachment 164676 View attachment 164677 View attachment 164678 View attachment 164679 View attachment 164680

Stefan, I like everything about this hat. Even my size. Wonderful color. I'll bet it would be a good summer fedora. Get's my hat of the week award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff