Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Lexybeast said:
Here's a new one- unblocked Panama I got from Panama Bob, blocked by Art Fawcett.

587635311_hhcf9-L.jpg

That looks tremendous!!

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Thanks guys. :D indycop, the shirt is a Sailor Jerry shirt, called Sailor Jerry Rum Allies. I don't have a photo of it at the moment, but you can kind of see it here.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Lexybeast said:
Here's a new one- unblocked Panama I got from Panama Bob, blocked by Art Fawcett.

Great shape and fine straw! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Show us more in the Panama Canal thread!

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Stefeno Panama

Here is a new Panama I picked up for daily wear at Bernie Utz in Seattle. I wanted something with a tight weave and wide brim. They had some higher quality Panama's in stock, but this mid-range hat seemed to fit me best. It doesn't hold a candle to Lexybeast's hat above, but I think it looks fine for what it is. Whadda think?

Stefeno_Front.JPG

Stefeno.JPG

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This has been an incredibly busy week but it was softened somewhat by the arrival of my two new additions. First in was a beautiful Adam Executive in grey with a black ribbon. I was very pleased with its condition; almost new as best I can tell. It was an e-Bay steal at $13.50.

Adam Executive
ORandAdam001.jpg

ORandAdam002.jpg

ORandAdam003.jpg

ORandAdam004.jpg

ORandAdam006.jpg

ORandAdam005.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My second arrival was one I have been shopping for on e-Bay for a long time. I have always owned the western style, cattlemen's creased Open Road hats and have worn them exclusively for years, before I came here. I am now the owner of my first fedora styled Open Road with soft, malleable felt and it is probably never worn; it was advertised as mint and I am sure it is. I am very pleased. Shots of the hats being worn are on the "What hat are you wearing today" site.....

Open Road
ORandAdam007.jpg

ORandAdam008.jpg

ORandAdam009.jpg

ORandAdam010.jpg

ORandAdam011.jpg

ORandAdam012.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Think PINK!

The newest one, and its new and not vintage this time. Been needed a new BIG hat for working on the roses, and for wearing out and about in the very hot summer weather. This fits the bill. Found this one at the garden gift shop at FILOLI Easte in Woodside, CA. Worn by the pool at a new friend's home this afternoon. The other lady (Evelyn-her home) also wearing her big pink hat - no we didn't plan it ahead- just turned 90. The lady (Elaine) in the middle spot is the mother of a good ballroom dance friend.
369316452.jpg
A perfect outfit for summer; I sewed the burnout silk velvet top that reverses to solid silk charmeuse and the silk noil shorts as part of a travel wardrobe for a trip to Greece in 2004.
369316449.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Adam Executive...It was an e-Bay steal at $13.50.

Adam Executive
ORandAdam001.jpg

I like the way you operate Mr. P.! That Adam looks as good as some NOS ones I remember going for around $200 not long ago. Patience pays and you scored big on this. I'm happy for you.

The OR is a beaut' too!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr P has been landing some whoppers from fishing in the Bay! Way to go. This is a GREAT snag! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Mr. Paladin said:
This has been an incredibly busy week but it was softened somewhat by the arrival of my two new additions. First in was a beautiful Adam Executive in grey with a black ribbon. I was very pleased with its condition; almost new as best I can tell. It was an e-Bay steal at $13.50.

Adam Executive
ORandAdam001.jpg

ORandAdam002.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Thanks, gentlemen! I have one more coming this week. I have been inseperable from the Open Road since it came in. :D I'll use the Adam some this week.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
So I finally found the time to take a few photos of my recently acquired 1961 Mayser Superbe. It's of a beige color (the seller called it "Antilope", referring to the name his grandfather - who was the original owner - called it) and the photos don't really do it any justice, as it is of a much richer shade than my images are capable to show. Raw edge, no liner - instead, it brought a wind trolley along with it. The hat is a size 7 and the brim is 2 3/8" wide, the crown 4 3/8" tall (creased). As Gene pointed out, it bears some resemblance to the Stetson Playboy. It sports a few moth nibbles and some very light, almost indiscernible stains - they only start to show if the felt (which is unbelievably soft and floppy) gets wet (that is, I only found out about the stains while I steamed the hat). I'm going to give it the naptha treatment as soon as I have refilled my stocks. The date of manufacture was kindly stamped on the inside of the sweatband: May 18, 1961. The beauty was won for a mere 8.70 € (approx. $12.15), which, in my book, makes for a really nice bargain... :D

mayser_antilope.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183