Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino

Fresh from the bay with its original box:

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

Garrett

Hard to see it but the ribbon edges are tattered and the sweat does not say Allessandria - perhaps this is one of the earlier of the Allessandria models. According to Besdor, "Original House" makes it an older lid as opposed to the much newer "Antica Casa" AND the liner on older Borsalino models, as with other hats, is satin/silk.

Garrett

Borsalino "Peluche"

Bought this gem from Metropd and its a beauty! Am still deciding on what bash it should adopt...suggestions?

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

Garrett

Dinerman said:
Looks like a roughly done diamond crease would go well. What does it appear to have originally had?

Metropd put or found it with a deep C crown but this felt is so pliable that it is difficult to tell what the original period crease was.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Bought this gem from Metropd and its a beauty! Am still deciding on what bash it should adopt...suggestions?

IMG_3237.jpg

Try center and side dents (not front pinched) and let us see. Very traditional. After seeing Torpedo doing that number on one of his hats recently, I was inspired to try it. On certain hats it's kinda' growing on me...

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Fresh from the bay with its original box:

IMG_3226.jpg

As fond as I am about old Borsalinos, I'm usually not into their Open Road clone. Just seems wrong to me for an Italian outfit to do the American Western thing. BUT, that brown one you scored is pure magic. Ooowee, that's a nice lookin' hat!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
[/IMG]

That is a GREAT hat!!! I'm with Dinerman - start off simple.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:

IMG_3237.jpg

Wow! That is an absolute beauty. :eusa_clap

I've been noticing how Borsalino's browns often have a reddish tone to them. Really beautiful.

Cheers,
JtL

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Seeing the Stetsonian thread reminded me that I haven't posted mine yet. It's a very elegant hat with a 2-5/8" brim and is in exceptional condition, one of my favourites!
aastet001.jpg
aastet002.jpg
aastet003.jpg
aastet005.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
redhawks2 said:
Seeing the Stetsonian thread reminded me that I haven't posted mine yet. It's a very elegant hat with a 2-5/8" brim and is in exceptional condition, one of my favourites!
aastet001.jpg
aastet002.jpg
aastet003.jpg
aastet005.jpg

Nice. How old is it?

billysmom

One Too Many
redhawks2 said:
aastet001.jpg
aastet002.jpg
aastet003.jpg
aastet005.jpg

Wow! That is an elegant beauty!

Sue

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely beautiful, redhawks2. That color combination of felt, ribbon and edge binding is just killer. Looks to be in great condition, as well. Good for you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

jimmy the lid said:
Absolutely beautiful, redhawks2. That color combination of felt, ribbon and edge binding is just killer. Looks to be in great condition, as well. Good for you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

:arated: Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy