Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Wow, nice one, Garrett. With all those long-hairs around, you need to open a grooming parlor...:p

Nice Alessandria, as well.
JtL
:arated:
Spectacular. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
When is the Museum opening?

billysmom

One Too Many
Garrett said:
IMG_3420.jpg

/QUOTE]

Absolutely magnificent, Garrett!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
:arated:
Spectacular. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
When is the Museum opening?

Ageed, that's maybe the most amazing hat you've posted so far. Do you have your own website where you display these pictures?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Like the modern Borsalino, Stetson is also printing their name on the back of their grossgrain ribbon :eusa_doh:

that practice should be made illegal. It's lame and tacky.:eusa_doh:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I own 2 modern borsalinos (the rollable you like CB and a bellagio) and I undid the darn bow. I flipped the little piece of grosgrain inside out to hide that gold thing out of sight forever!:eusa_clap (I'm clapping myself!)

Torpedo

One Too Many
A new horse in my stables...a Knox Twenty-Five.

A very fine felt, easily modelled. I tried various styles, until settling on a deep center dent with side creases.

DSC_0884-1.jpg

Detail shots. I do not know if the liner shield, which is the same shape as the sweatband one, but apparently with different design inside, has faded, or if originally was made as this subtle tone-on-tone style. Does anyone know?

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0888-1.jpg

Noggin pics coming soon, in the appropriate thread... ;)

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
i like these new stetsons

maybe the hat world is waking up -can we have a straight head on shot? i am curious about the crown taper on these modern stetsons.

*edited: you posted a straight on shot, im curious about the proportions to a real human's head/face. (damn that sounded weird...)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
A new horse in my stables...a Knox Twenty-Five.

A very fine felt, easily modelled. I tried various styles, until settling on a deep center dent with side creases.

Detail shots. I do not know if the liner shield, which is the same shape as the sweatband one, but apparently with different design inside, has faded, or if originally was made as this subtle tone-on-tone style. Does anyone know?

DSC_0888-1.jpg

Noggin pics coming soon, in the appropriate thread... ;)

Yours looks to be early to mid '40s - I had one from mid to late '40s with a similar faded liner logo. I think it just faded with age.

Lou

One of the Regulars
Boushi, I was looking at the Whippet on Bencraft's site yesterday. It looks great on you. All the best with it.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hand me down...

I've had my eye on this hat for at least two years. A Knox Foxhound belonging to my wife's Grandpa that's in perfect condition (except for the sweat that's a bit cracked and a moth, those bastards, nibble in the front of the brim) but lacked the liner (grandpa had spilled gasoline inside the hat causing the liner's extinction). Now, in my collection of spare liners I had a gorgeous embroidered one that was a perfect match. Today, early X-mas present, grandpa finally gave it to me! To help me celebrate, my lovely wife made ginger cookies, check this one out!

DSC04432.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

I actually sew the liner, isn't it cool?

DSC04439.jpg

and the cookie!

DSC04431.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails