Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Scott Wood said:
Myvery first Borsalino and no doubt the most cheaply made hat I have ever owned. I am lead, by this, to believe that Borsalino must have various quality levels [huh] and I was unfortunate in this purchase, at least I go it cheap (thre is NO free lunch:eusa_doh: )

100_0224.jpg

Season's Greetings,

Woody
Might be a non-Italian hat with that sweatband and tag. But its a "Garrett", complain about the kind of product he endorses.[huh] ;)

Tooch

One of the Regulars
I think some of it is the luck of the draw, too. We look at a few murky, incomplete photos on ebay and hope for the best. It works out often enough that we keep doing it -- but not every time.

Seasons Greetings to you, too!

As I say Tooch,I think I just got one of poorer quality through inexperience with the brand . I am sur I will get better ones as well

I really do like the look of yours

hatted

One of the Regulars
Scott Wood said:
Myvery first Borsalino and no doubt the most cheaply made hat I have ever owned. I am lead, by this, to believe that Borsalino must have various quality levels [huh] and I was unfortunate in this purchase, at least I go it cheap (thre is NO free lunch:eusa_doh: )

I saw that one and thought it looked cheaply made. Unfortunately, you can't always judge a hat by it's brand name.

rlk said:
Straight from the box. Its a Beauty! Surprise color, Silver not Light Brown. Near perfect condition and a nice box. Jumbo stitchless wide overwelt(felted or glued?). More later in German and Austrian thread.

Super! :eusa_clap Looking forward to seeing more! :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
billysmom said:
That's going to be very nice, once you find it's proper shape!

Sue

Yes indeed Sue. It's nice to get a colour you don't already have and I rather like its green hue. At least we know it's an original Italian Borsalino (sold in Roma itself!) and will be a very pliable felt. It's already telling me how it wants to look. A bit of steam and massage over the holidays will work wonders - and I might even do the same for the hat!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:

Hey there, Ralphy Boy!

Sorry, couldn't resist. As it is, the hat reminds me of The Honeymooners' Ed Norton, and reminded me of an episode where he and Ralph went to teach Ralph's boss how to play pool. Upon arriving, Norton gave his hat to the butler, warning him to be careful, it had just been blocked. :p

Randy

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Hey there, Ralphy Boy!

Sorry, couldn't resist. As it is, the hat reminds me of The Honeymooners' Ed Norton, and reminded me of an episode where he and Ralph went to teach Ralph's boss how to play pool. Upon arriving, Norton gave his hat to the butler, warning him to be careful, it had just been blocked. :p

Randy

Now that you mention it Randy....there is a resemblance! :p :eusa_doh:

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Scott Wood said:
100_0225.jpg

Season's Greetings,

Woody
im not an expert but i read on a post here that this label will say "Original House" on the older and better quality hats from Borsalino with the exception of hats actually sold in Italy that have always said "Antica Casa"
i hope this helps and people that know better please correct me asap
thanks and Merry Christmas fellow Loungers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou