Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
AL, delectans: I figured it out, eventually. I have a bit of brain damage from the war so I am not the sharpest knife in the ?????? Thank you my friend for helping us keep it civil around here......No worries....Dennis

T Rick

Practically Family
AL, delectans: I figured it out, eventually. I have a bit of brain damage from the war so I am not the sharpest knife in the ?????? Thank you my friend for helping us keep it civil around here......No worries....Dennis

You can get brain damage from wearing a Wide A$$ Ribbon hat??? :D RBH must've been onto somethin'!

(Sorry, a bit of levity seemed in order ;)... carry on Gents!).

fmw

One Too Many
I liked the tawny Stetson Whippet so much I bought one in Caribou. It is a little different, actually. Marked as 7 1/8 it is almost 7 1/4 in size. The brim is wider - a little over 2 1/2" - and the felt is stiffer - more shellac. However, a little padding in the sweatband made it wearable and it is nice looking hat, at least to me.

caribouwhippet.jpg

caribouwhippet2.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Beautiful! Like them both, I need to get at least one (still only black in my size in St. Jo, and I really prefer the two colors you have).

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks. Call the Hatco outlet store. They seem to have everything Stetson.

Is that Garland Tx? If so, pretty sure I tried them. I did just get my Nostalgia today from them, great hat (just snapped a few pics, will upload and post shortly).

If that isn't them (and it isn't St. Jo who has them only in black in my size), then my Google skills must be week today. Not finding anyone specifically listed under Hatco.

Is that Garland Tx? If so, pretty sure I tried them. I did just get my Nostalgia today from them, great hat (just snapped a few pics, will upload and post shortly).

If that isn't them (and it isn't St. Jo who has them only in black in my size), then my Google skills must be week today. Not finding anyone specifically listed under Hatco.

Hat Company of America or HatCo Outlet is the same as Garland, TX outlet which is where Resistol is/was based.

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks GTDean!

And speaking of Garland TX, my FedEx from there arrived today. New Nostalgia from the outlet, great price and great service. Lucked out too, it was from just a while back, before they switched from the pin to the silly looking Stetson tag on the bow (I'd have removed the tag and probably looked for a Stetson Pin).

Pulling the open crowned hat from the box, I went to a mirror. Tried it on for fit, it fit fine. No water, no steam, I spent all of 30 seconds (maybe less) putting in a dry bash (pretty much decided what I wanted before it's arrival). I may tweak or change it, but TBH, it is really nearly exactly what I wanted in shape right now. Yeah, it's new, but so far, I'm really loving this hat!

standard.jpg

The bow and pin (feather came with)

standard.jpg

No, not going out like this. I'll at least put on a collared shirt, just wanted to show a noggin shot.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
three eighths for an eighth

A great FL exchange of hats brought me this pristine condition 1950s Stetson 3X. The store was a specialty shop for law enforcement, which probably explains the olive color and lack of model name in the hat. This is a first dry test bash - the hat had never been creased apparently.

Still hoping for a trade for a mint condition Resistol 5X (see classifieds for more info.)

stetson3x1.jpg

stetson3x2.jpg

stetson3x3.jpg

Thanks Rob!

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
It looks sharp, Alan. Looks like a good fit from what i can see. My wife was shocked to learn it was the same hat she saw sitting here in it's unblocked state. I like the color on you too.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
A great FL exchange of hats brought me this pristine condition 1950s Stetson 3X. The store was a specialty shop for law enforcement, which probably explains the olive color and lack of model name in the hat. This is a first dry test bash - the hat had never been creased apparently.

Still hoping for a trade for a mint condition Resistol 5X (see classifieds for more info.)

stetson3x2.jpg

Thanks Rob!

I saw that hat in the classifieds....funnily enough I drove by that address 171 Grove St the other day...whatever store used to be there is long gone. Sharp looking lid though!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan, that hat is just incredible :).

fmw said:
You are certainly good at finding pristine hats. Excellent.

:arated:

Unfortunately for me, my laptop has suffered it's fourth hard-drive failure. Rather than get it replaced again, I'm going to purchase a more reliable machine. This will suck a bunch of green out of my hobby budget, and I predict there won't be a new hat from me for a while. Oh well, I'll just live vicariously through you gents :D!

...Besides, I've acquired around 8-9 hats in 7-8 months; for a college student, I think that's pretty impressive in it's own right. [huh]

Last edited:

DRB

One Too Many
Alan, the green is a nice color. Are you sure you want to let it go? Looks great with that herringbone jacket.

Alan, the green is a nice color. Are you sure you want to let it go? Looks great with that herringbone jacket.

The greenie is home. The trade was for a larger mint 1950s 3X Open Road which is en route to a member on the other side of the country. Great thing, the Fedora Lounge.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Neo - get a Mac this time around!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Alan, I'm feeling green as well on several fronts, and yes we're talking envy! What a great looking, pristine, green OR, in 3x no less. I'm also a bit envious at the ability of guys with size 7 skulls to acquire great lids. Wear it in good health, sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot