Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Thanks, gents. I was excited to get it - I believe it hadn't been worn before. It is a bit less "oval" than my head, but frequent wearings will fix that, and it's getting worn a lot. I'd like to refine the inner part of the bash a bit, and will do so when I get a few minutes to steam it. Right now I'm changing the spark plugs on my wife's car!:p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Pilgrim said:
Here's my new Mallory - an excellent piece of felt, and very much a Stratoliner look-alike. (Take a look at the briefcase under it, too - a new Custom Hide my wife gave me for my birthday...) I have a tan Strat in 7 1/8 but it has never quite stretched enough for comfort. This is a better fit, and very darn nice!!

P9210029.jpg

P9210031.jpg

P9210025.jpg

P9210026.jpg

My own bash...
P9210030.jpg

Attempt at self-photo:
P9210023.jpg
Sweet hat!:eusa_clap

Pilgrim

One Too Many
W0XDL said:
Finally I've had a moment to take a couple of snapshots of my new hats.
And here is my new Stetson Royale Deluxe St. Regis:

2775884420104122225S425x425Q85.jpg

You can't tell from the photo, but this hat does have a center crease. Fits better than the Knox which is a bit too big.

Hope you all enjoy these. That took a few tries to get the pictures to be a good size!

DL

Somehow that actually fits you well. Not everyone can wear a homburg like that - but you seem to make it work.

Justdog

Practically Family
Not OR

Lefty said:
Snazzy. Definitely not an OR or an OR clone, but very nice. :eusa_clap
Yes if I flatten the brim amd measure it is pretty much 3 just shy. Stiff, would like to loosen it up. Will take the 3 stiffs to the hatter and have him loosen them up.

W0XDL

New in Town
Brim Reshaped a Bit on New Homburg

Pirate et al,

Thanks for the compliment regarding the Homburg. I went to a fall festival in NW Missouri today with the Homburg on (it was just after Church so I was somewhat dressed up still) and every time I walked by a store window I would glance at my reflection. The brim just didn't look correct...too high in front.

I brought my tea pot up to steam and worked the front edge slightly to be down turned (but not like that of a Fedora...just brought the edge down so it didn't look like Otis from Mayberry). I'll get a photo up soon. I really like wearing this hat and I think this reshaping will help the overall impression.

I posted a question on another thread pertaining to cleaning the edge of the brim on this Homburg. If anyone can share their thoughts, I be thankful.

DL

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately, that link does not work. Right click on the photo, and copy into the `insert image` icon above...

Justdog

Practically Family
Good Match

Pilgrim said:
Here's my new Mallory - an excellent piece of felt, and very much a Stratoliner look-alike. (Take a look at the briefcase under it, too - a new Custom Hide my wife gave me for my birthday...) I have a tan Strat in 7 1/8 but it has never quite stretched enough for comfort. This is a better fit, and very darn nice!!

Pretty snappy how you matched that jacket with the hat.
Sweet hat for sure

mike

Call Me a Cab
2 Art Fawcett Jazzmen!

I went for two Jazzmen, one that I could wear with my brown schtuff, one for my blue/gray suits.... I'm a happy puppy tralala!
I really like the pre-code film era, and saw some advertisments showing how the young thing was really contrasty ribbons so I asked for that especially. I also asked if Art could make them different enough so that they didn't like like mirror images of each other, hence the difference in brim width and ribbon details! I haven't been able to put them down since I opened the boxes!

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0246-1.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0249-1.jpg

more pictures to follow ;)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Optimo Rush Street Khaki flecked

Optimo9.jpg

Left Chicago Tuesday morning, on my head in Japan Thursday evening! Ordered 3 weeks ago. Superb service and quality from the House of Optimo.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
W0XDL said:
Well, my new gray Homburg arrived today. It fits wonderfully and I can hardly wait to wear it out. I'll get pictures posted soon but in the mean time, I can tell you all that it is labeled Stetson Royal Deluxe, St. Regis.

When comparing it to my Knox 20, I am a bit disappointed in the stoutness (for lack of a better word) of the felt. I assumed it would be a higher quality than my stingy brim Knox. If anyone has thoughts on this model Stetson, I would enjoy hearing them.

Nevertheless, it is a fine hat. Pictures to follow soon. It's too late and I'm out of steam today.

DL

I have one as well, it came as a package with a fedora that ended up being 1/4" too small. It's as nice a hat as I've ever owned, the felt is nicer than on my 1960s Stetson 3x Beaver Selv-Edge "Candidate" and about equivalent to the Resistol Melorol that came with it. A solidly middle-class hat, if I don't miss my guess. I would probably wear mine fairly often if (1) I had a double-breasted or 3-piece suit, and (2) I wasn't a long oval, as my head makes the brim curl up just a bit too much in the front and I constantly have to tug it down. Someday, when I've got the money, both will be going to a hatter for a rebuild in my size.

-Dave

Justdog

Practically Family
mike said:
I went for two Jazzmen, one that I could wear with my brown schtuff, one for my blue/gray suits.... I'm a happy puppy tralala!
I really like the pre-code film era, and saw some advertisments showing how the young thing was really contrasty ribbons so I asked for that especially. I also asked if Art could make them different enough so that they didn't like like mirror images of each other, hence the difference in brim width and ribbon details! I haven't been able to put them down since I opened the boxes!

Good suit and color combo. I never underestimate a good haircut to compliment a hat and finsh a look. As you abviously do.:eusa_clap

W0XDL

New in Town
Slightly Reshaped St. Regis

Slim Portly,

I actually reshaped the front of the brim a bit to pull down slightly. I just didn't like the rolled front so much. I know I need to get a photo posted...I', enjoying a nice toddy right now. I'll get to the photo later:)

DL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael