Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Borsalino Western
I picked up this Borso western on the bay recently thinking I could make it work for me with a little work.
The felt is super thin and the edge has a really nice stitch (like a smaller version of my Como)
This hat was very dirty.
Here is the e-bay photo
abbe7572.jpg

I cleaned it up and took it out to open crown.
39dc1d13.jpg

1b62febb.jpg

7056a251.jpg

I was going to try and stretch this and make it work for me, but the sweatband already has a tear in it - so I think it may go back on the block for someone with a little smaller head than me
b8e4ae26.jpg

I am now addicted to non-reeded sweats. For some reason they just seem to be much more comfortable on me.

Wow, there is the perfect raw material for that John Wayne cavalry hat replica. This would make up perfectly into the Kirby Yorke hat!

I have only one vintage Borsalino and I just can't get used to that piece of cardboard in the front. I will admit, however, that the one I have ... it was a gift ... doesn't fit me all that well.

Sam

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Wow, there is the perfect raw material for that John Wayne cavalry hat replica. This would make up perfectly into the Kirby Yorke hat!

I have only one vintage Borsalino and I just can't get used to that piece of cardboard in the front. I will admit, however, that the one I have ... it was a gift ... doesn't fit me all that well.

Sam

That's what I was thinking, but it's just not going to fit me without tearing it up so I'm going to have to pass it on.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Page-Setter from Tully's hats Omaha. This is a brand I've never heard of, but it's a very nice OR clone. Khaki tan color with 5 1/2 crown open and about 2 5/8 brim. Tight 7, needs a gentle stretch.

It's a Stevens Pace Setter, made in St. Joe. MO. They made Stetsons in the 70's.

Cicero

A-List Customer
Bought me another hat.
A Miller bros. Western hat for a few Bucks.
Size is 7 1/2 and too big for my head, so this one is just for the collection!

GratefulDawg

New in Town
I bought two new hats from Barbara Feinman here in New York, and here they are. The first is a Panama that I had made for my father:

6518689031_97895841c6.jpg

6518686839_03b14ff0e3.jpg

I bought a hat on display at the store for myself as I was ordering the above one. Here it is:

6518691091_0c7a9a485e.jpg

6518693163_26cdc5cdf2.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The latest addition to the stable, though I haven't received it yet. I hope I can get it before Christmas:

Gray_Royal_Stetson_02.jpg

Gray_Royal_Stetson_01.jpg

Here's the sweatband/size tag:
Gray_Royal_Stetson_03.jpg

Despite the box, which will come with it, it's a Royal Stetson. And it's my size, so (I hope) no stretching needed, with a 2 3/8" brim and 5" crown. Maybe I'll have a narrower charcoal ribbon, or a matching thin ribbon, put on it? Whaddaya think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou