Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

m0nk

One Too Many
The latest addition to the stable, though I haven't received it yet. I hope I can get it before Christmas:

Gray_Royal_Stetson_02.jpg

Gray_Royal_Stetson_01.jpg

Here's the sweatband/size tag:
Gray_Royal_Stetson_03.jpg

Despite the box, which will come with it, it's a Royal Stetson. And it's my size, so (I hope) no stretching needed, with a 2 3/8" brim and 5" crown. Maybe I'll have a narrower charcoal ribbon, or a matching thin ribbon, put on it? Whaddaya think?
That's a very nice hat, I wouldn't do a thing to it... but that's just me.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
That's a very nice hat, I wouldn't do a thing to it... but that's just me.
Well, I'll wait and see how I like it. But I already have a Moonstone Fed sporting a matching ribbon of about that width, so I wondered if I might customize this one a little bit.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The latest addition to the stable, though I haven't received it yet. I hope I can get it before Christmas:

Despite the box, which will come with it, it's a Royal Stetson. And it's my size, so (I hope) no stretching needed, with a 2 3/8" brim and 5" crown. Maybe I'll have a narrower charcoal ribbon, or a matching thin ribbon, put on it? Whaddaya think?

Wonderfull Hat. Congrads for find

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Maybe wider? I've grown to like wider ribbons, they seem more of a classic style.
That's true. Either way I go, if I decide to, it's not like I'm changing a vintage hat in some permanent way, like replacing a sweatband. I can always restore the original width of ribbon, "should I repent me."

There's just something so . . . rugged, down-to-earth, maybe, about a thin ribbon. Look at all the pics in the http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32762-Thin-Ribbon-shots-from-movies thread!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
That's true. Either way I go, if I decide to, it's not like I'm changing a vintage hat in some permanent way, like replacing a sweatband. I can always restore the original width of ribbon, "should I repent me."

There's just something so . . . rugged, down-to-earth, maybe, about a thin ribbon. Look at all the pics in the http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32762-Thin-Ribbon-shots-from-movies thread!

You can always go wider, but the felt may have faded so that the part under the ribbon no longer matches the rest, making a thinner ribbon not always successful.

m0nk

One Too Many

Yes, there are definitely some amazing hats in the shots on that thread. Some of the greats from Golden Era movies truly loved them; the Resistol ad with Bogart comes to mind. In some of the later movies I remember he starred in he generally wore a thin ribbon.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
You can always go wider, but the felt may have faded so that the part under the ribbon no longer matches the rest, making a thinner ribbon not always successful.
Urk. I didn't think of that! Well, we will see what we see. Either way it should be a good lid.

jbucklin

Practically Family
My son and I went to Hatco where I bought him a Sovereign fur felt Derby and a new/modern Stratoliner for myself. I have a lot of modern Stetsons as the result of living so close to the outlet store! This is my first thin-ribbon fedora and I'm hooked!!
Photo257.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Wanted to post this for some time now but found that I was way too lazy to get the job done... :cool:

Here now:

Royal Stetson

Color is a very light gray, almost off white. Felt is very dense and pliable.

Brim: 2 1/4"
Crown (creased): 4 1/2"
Crown (open): 5 1/2"
Ribbon: 1 3/4"

Royal_Stetson.jpg

TomS

One Too Many
Vintage Stetson

Hi Folks:
Here is my newly aquired Stetson. It came courtesy of another lounger, and I'm very appreciative! The hat is in awesome condition, and looks to have been hardly worn. Enjoy the pics...
IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
TomS, Mario - two great examples of Royal Stetsons you guys have acquired; very nice indeed!

Hey Mario, did you once post a tutorial on how you do your fantastic diamond crease? I thought you did, but I can't find it anywhere.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
jbucklin,

nice thin ribbon! your son's sovereign looks pretty sweet too. It may not have a vintage curl, but it seems really well balanced and wearable. Any chance of getting a few detail shots of the bowler?

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Nice BMan!
I purchased and awesome old Borsalino from a fellow lounger a couple of days ago and posted the pics. I love this hat. Meanwhile, I had forgotten about a bid placed on another similar Borsalino on the bay. I won. The second Borsalino came in and...it's not similar...it's identical.
eeaa65ec.jpg

I had twins! Even from the same department store.
1283a7ff.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred