Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Lovin' it TPD! That color looks great on you, btw.

Light Foot. I have six (!) Fed IVs. Two of them are brown, so I can keep one in a diamond bash, the other in a center dent. Yours looks fantastic on you! Nice creasing job too.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Congrats, JB! Welcome to the Homburg Nation. Looks great!

Manfred--- MAN, that is a sleek looking Mayser. I really like that Graphit color, and the ribbon is so mod and streamlined.

My new additions this week-- a Resistol HI 7 straw hat, which I find very cool in kind of a novelty way. There is no size tag, turns out it has got to be a solid 6 7/8, but so far it has taken a two-size stretch pretty well!

008copys.jpg

And a Stetson charcoal grey 3X homburg. Really liking this one. It's smaller statured than most of my others and works really well with casual dress-- not as well with formal wear. There is a bit of taper and the crown is low, so I think I will actually leave the center crease with no dents.

imgp5848copy.jpg

More pics in the appropriate threads.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, thanks for the kind words. The first Mayser with Wind trolley and this nice ribbon for me.

Your finds are great. That straw is amazing. What a crown. Also the Homburger, nice too.
Congrats to the new arrival.

Light Foot

New in Town
Thanks guys! My name isn't Gordon and I can't play the guitar either, lol.
I have to admit the bash was Indy inspired, but I wanted to make it my
own. I'll post my straw when I get the chance.

- John

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Sneak iphone peek of my new Montecristi that's waiting for it's wind trolley. Better shots and details later this week :D

IMG_24381.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys. This one is from Worth & Worth.

I was looking at the hats on their site just the other day. Their Panamas look very nice at sensible prices.

I ended up buying a Brent Black hat from eBay which arrived today. Unfortunately, the seller must have been competing in a "pack the hat in the smallest possible box" contest, so a little work is going to be needed to get it into something approaching the proper shape.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately, the seller must have been competing in a "pack the hat in the smallest possible box" contest, so a little work is going to be needed to get it into something approaching the proper shape.

That's very annoying. But I'm relieved to hear that it wasn't damaged.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Z. One thing I've found is that hats that have been beaten up a bit, usually look worse than they really are.

Quite amazing what a block and some steam will do - here's the BB as it is now. I still want to work on the brim a little, but it is coming into it already.

IMG2960-L.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Z. One thing I've found is that hats that have been beaten up a bit, usually look worse than they really are.

Quite amazing what a block and some steam will do - here's the BB as it is now. I still want to work on the brim a little, but it is coming into it already.

Looks good. The danger with smashing a straw is that you can break some fibers. Again, I'm glad that nothing like that happened. Enjoy!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks good. The danger with smashing a straw is that you can break some fibers. Again, I'm glad that nothing like that happened. Enjoy!

There were a few fibers broken around the sharp front area of the crease. When I re-shaped the hat I've tried to make the edge a little more rounded - hopefully will stop it from getting any worse. I seem to recall seeing a thread that mentioned using some tape on the inside of the damage to repair it - I'll have to track that one down.

Ale - the Worth & Worth looks fantastic. I like the addition of the wind trolley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy