Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
And where are they now??? The 1912, the TVA, hmmmnnn....:D

They ..... my friend are where I can get to them quick...
I wore my Akubra Federation today... with an accursed diamond crease!!! :D

It just seems to fit the hat better than the center dent, the center dent just seems to me ... incomplete.
Except on a Indiana Jones fedora.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Talk about a group of hats, Bob you are gonna have your work cut out naming the new ones from the Major!
WOW is all I can say right now!!!!!! They are some sweet looking fedoras!

Everybody's seen my hats but me! :eek: :rolleyes: That's alright though. No pictures for me. I want to take 'em out of the box and hold in my hands when I look at 'em.

You guys are killin' me though. :D I know you know how it is waiting on new hats.

BobC

RBH said:
Let me tell you my friend... IT will be worth the wait!!!!:eusa_clap

but .... man... you got some sweet hats coming your way!!!!! thats all I can say!!!!:D

You're killin' me. The last part of the wait when you know they're on the way is the worst part. I thought I was gonna have to chase the mailman through the neighborhood when Art's hat came. Now I might have to do it with TWO customs coming from Major Moore.

BobC

indycop said:
I think you should just put them under the tree!!:D :D :D

:eek: No way! :rolleyes: You just want someone to join you in your suffering. lol If I was to put them under the tree I guarantee I'd be sneaking them out before Christmas.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
:eek: No way! :rolleyes: You just want someone to join you in your suffering. lol If I was to put them under the tree I guarantee I'd be sneaking them out before Christmas.
Suffering is watching all 3 girls in the house open their customs and none for me....:(

Mr. Paladin

My New Resistol!

I picked this Resistol up a an antique shop last week for $46.00. It had no box and there is no label underneath the band to give me the model name. It has a 2 5/8 inch brim with a wide binding. The wind trolley is non-elastic but draws up securely. The felt is very thin and fine and it appears to be in excellent shape. Does anyone have an idea of what model it might be or how old it is? It has no plastic in the liner top. It was an open crown and I have been playing with the crease after reading many of the older how-to postings including that great video of Dinerman making a diamond with one hand. I'm afraid I'm not much at making it right but its fun to play with. Anyway, I have pictures:

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That Resistol is a beauty!...I'm going to check out a couple antique stores tomorrow and see what I can find. A friend saw one store that had what he considered a "large" area of hats...So we'll see...
IC....I feel for ya buddy...depending on what I come across tomorrow will help me decide on what I order from down under this weekend.
Since I don't have an actual "Indy" hat...I've been eyeing the brown Fed Dlx, but I also want the fawn color Fed...

majormoore

Vendor
Fellows, ya'll want me to make him suffer a little longer, I can hold out a few more weeks and send those ugly hats to him, that way he can put them under the tree.

It's ya'lls call!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let a secert out, I am now moving the hat shop that is taking up alot of space here , into a building in a town square, the shop has two bay windows one on each side of the door, the building has that ole 1940's look to it.

I dread moving everything, plus I have to get things ready in the building before I start moving in.

Across the street from my shop is a old vinatge movie house, built in 1929, it now has plays and music every weekend in it, so I am hoping that on the weekends some of the people will walk over and take a look, one bay window will have a Fedora theme and the other one will be the western theme.

I'll let RBH and Indycop post photos some time, as things come along.

Major Moore

Major Moore
BobC said:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
You gotta put a table out front so those of that drive up there can hang out all day and have lunch too. I see a summer trip in the works so you will have to keep some 7 5/8 xlo hats in stock!!:D

Even after seeing the almost finished product I am dying to see it on his head!! Bob said he let you go on the Silverbelly, and he did not go wrong!

majormoore

Vendor
I was up there this afternoon and it was great walking up the block and have a great lunch, Sat evening going to eat dinner in the fine resturant that is also there on the square.

Going to get me a nice old wooden chair and set outside and lean back and watch the people pass by. It's like being in Mayberry where I am at.

Got my counters bought today, will try and start hanging hat racks up on walls Sat morning.

I have about 50 hats pre made at this time, have to pick up the torso's for display windows soon.

Looking for some great photos of men wearing Fedora's from the golden years, would like to hand around the walls.

Major Moore

indycop said:
You gotta put a table out front so those of that drive up there can hang out all day and have lunch too. I see a summer trip in the works so you will have to keep some 7 5/8 xlo hats in stock!!:D

Even after seeing the almost finished product I am dying to see it on his head!! Bob said he let you go on the Silverbelly, and he did not go wrong!

BobC

majormoore said:
Fellows, ya'll want me to make him suffer a little longer, I can hold out a few more weeks and send those ugly hats to him, that way he can put them under the tree.

It's ya'lls call!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Moore

Major Moore

I'm starting to get the feeling there's a plot going on here to keep Bob in suspense....and it might be working. A few weeks? I'm off this weekend. I might ought to drive to Memphis to pick those hats up.

And I know, Major, those are not ugly hats, sir. I know they aren't.

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
I'm starting to get the feeling there's a plot going on here to keep Bob in suspense....and it might be working. A few weeks? I'm off this weekend. I might ought to drive to Memphis to pick those hats up.

And I know, Major, those are not ugly hats, sir. I know they aren't.
Now Bob... you know we wouldnt do no plotting![angel]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL