Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine, that's a cool contrasting braid on that Bardsley.
Lauro13, that's a really nice example of a tastefully done heathered hat!
Sam, great OR. I wish I could pull off that brim up look like you (and jlee and Alan) can do so naturally. Looks pristine.
Fashion Frank, super homburg!
5107... very nice semi-calado.

Smashing!!! all of them.

Mario. Holy cow. That's the tastiest looking hot fudge sundae I've ever seen!

My haul of the day-- made out pretty well this morning:

Champ Kasmir "Black Hawk" but I think it's an especially charred very dark grey. full crown, 2 1/8" high flanged brim.

009joy.jpg

011pl.jpg

And a Stetson No.1 Quality western in this great natural/palomino color with lighter trim and 2-ply ribbon. Sweatband may need to be replaced if I'm not careful. The leather is beautiful and supple, but a few stitches have separated. This feels like a rough and rugged felt. I love this liner.

018gd.jpg

012umy.jpg

025jo.jpg

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
No fur hats have been posted in a while... Got these two today, the white one is actually an really old one from the Swedish military called m/1909, only reason I got it actually was it's historic meaning.

Furhat.jpg

FurhatIII.jpg

No tags inside the hat

M1909.jpg

M1909III.jpg

M1909IV.jpg

Were the first kind of hat ever popular in the states or Europe?

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oh man!! That's an absolutely STUNNING No.1 Quality. I have always wanted one of those early Stetson No.1's with a green liner. Are there any re-order tags or writing under the sweatband?? GREAT find, Jeff!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you, Josh! I'm not even going to tell you what I paid for it... There are some tags and stamps: The reorder number is G348205, and some less legible stuff marked on the inside of the sweatband.

Perry-- thanks! The brim is 3 inches exactly. (hope your VS is okay!)

by the way, the ribbon is 3-ply, not 2 as I stated before. either I can't see or I can't count!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Great new hats, guys!

Lauro - That's an awesome Stetson. The felt looks incredible!! It will be a very versatile hat for you.

Frank - Your ADAM homburg fits the bill in any fashion! Looks great on you. And from the looks of that bow, I would guess it's an earlier model, maybe '40s. Good snag. :thumb:

Thanks for commenting on the hat.
Since you mentioned the age 1940's I saw in the hat band that the price as you can see was $7.50 and I think in the 40's the average working man's weekly pay was around $20.00 to $ 25.00 bucks a week.
So I don't know what that makes the value in today's economy, would be interesting to know the equivalent.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

DSCN1326.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mario - fantastic! You've not lost your touch with the diamonds.

Jeff - yay!! Two brilliant hats for you!

New hat for me today - a 40's Whippet that arrived from Josh. Hard to get the colour anything close to correct with my phone. The hat is a cool greenish grey (or greyish green!)

smugshot_4657882a-L.jpg

and a stetson no.1 quality western in this great natural/palomino color with lighter trim and 2-ply ribbon. Sweatband may need to be replaced if i'm not careful. The leather is beautiful and supple, but a few stitches have separated. This feels like a rough and rugged felt. I love this liner.

018gd.jpg

where did you get that!!!

damn awesome hat, Jeff.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
So many new hats, guys. My congrats to all!

Jeff, fantastic finds, That NO. 1 is a NO.1.

Garrulus, interesting Caps for sure. Do you wear it?

Mario, also a super new hat, looks very good, and the Diamond Crease, very well done.

Frank, good deals on your recently bought hats! Nice ones!

David, that is a sharp looking Whippet, look forward to a noggin shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou