Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monte

A-List Customer
Great. Hard to find them when they're not advertised. All mine were stumbled upon as well...except my custom - stumbled a bit when I got the bill.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
lol actually, I just found this clip which shows the outside of the shop itself (@ 46-56 seconds). Yesterday, it was either the hat or lunch, and I can get lunch any day. ;) Monte, you may enjoy this too! Oh, provincial news... Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKEXscXikQ

(by the way, that's about all there is in that town.) A street, a courthouse, a few antique shops, and a Xmas tree farm from which I usually chop and purchase our tree each year.)

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My haul of the day-- made out pretty well this morning:

Champ Kasmir "Black Hawk" but I think it's an especially charred very dark grey. full crown, 2 1/8" high flanged brim.

009joy.jpg

011pl.jpg

025jo.jpg

I REALLY like that Champ. The brim is just right for the color and crown. Sort of a Sinatra-esque hat. If it's a 7, let me know if you ever want to sell it!

One Too Many
DSC_7338.jpg

DSC_7339.jpg

I found in a market place this hat, like paste, unlined , ribbon like is, soft, smoth, in $ 100 pesos ($ 8.00 USD), this is a new to me, was cleaned, desinfected and used, is very warm now wich winter begins, Hatter an me believe is rabbit hair, but can not say who is the maker ¡¡¡

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
So many new hats, guys. My congrats to all!

Garrulus, interesting Caps for sure. Do you wear it?

I have worn it now a couple days, makes a nice winter hat in a colder climate, it reminds me of one of these hats in this post http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?63994-Vintage-Finnish-Hats&p=1451115&viewfull=1#post1451115

As I said I got the white one because of it's historical meaning, not because it fits me (although that is nice too, it has the tag of 58 inside it). I have more pictures of the white one if anyone is interested. It is a really old one since it was part of the Swedish uniforms of 1910, 1923 and 1939.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
150719541, that is a super cool acquisition! I really like that bow as is. Very nice!

Mr. Garrulus, a warm and toasty hat like that might come in handy for the projected blizzard this weekend!

Please forgive my posting of extra photos, but I haven't left the house today (my 5 year old son is home sick) and decided to have a bit of fun with my new camera and most recently acquired hats. Thanks for your indulgence! :)

006slk.jpg

023ow.jpg

027mzb.jpg

030rxe.jpg

033si.jpg

Thanks!

Nice hat Tom

Oh yes, made it here without a flaw and super fast! I'll be wearing it when I run my errands this afternoon. Tried it on and it fits perfect. I'd be interested in that CD, if you decide to part with it!

Glad it made it & you like it Tom! It needs noggin time....when my new Campdraft gets here, I may have deal on an experienced Bluegrass Green Imperial CD....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou