Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
My new Fed IV

It's no meat hat, or course, but I like it.

Still working on the bash a bit.

Excuse the crappy web cam pics. Long day at work, too tired to drag out the camera.

2010-05-12%2019-43-50.543.jpg

2010-05-12%2019-42-50.223.jpg

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
The Fedora Store is running clearance sale on BB custom hats in velour finish. I wound up ordering two and they came today, less than 2 weeks after I ordered.

Nice box:

4601621690_2c0a585514.jpg

Color is Sand, with Sand brim binding and 16 ligne Bordeaux band with Two Loop Bow. The brim width is 2 5/8". The only thing I couldn't customize in the clearance hats was the bash. Crown height as bashed is 4 1/2" at the pinch.

4601615306_d2a672b893.jpg

. . . .

4601608518_706f2c9976.jpg

4601626004_e291ea1ed8.jpg
Salty, I've been looking at those clearance Beaver Brand hats, and now you've really got me wanting one. That, sir, is an outstanding hat! :eusa_clap

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Same here... but I actually caved, and ordered! :eek: :eek: :D

Same colors as yours, Salty. I couldn't help it. But I bought the Grand Beaver, long haired finish. And the brim is a bit smaller--EDIT: larger-- (2 3/4"). Other than that, they'll be a lot alike. :eek:

Ya know, imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

Cheers,

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
Same here... but I actually caved, and ordered! :eek: :eek: :D

Same colors as yours, Salty. I couldn't help it. But I bought the Grand Beaver, long haired finish. And the brim is a bit smaller (2 3/4"). Other than that, they'll be a lot alike. :eek:

Ya know, imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

Cheers,

Flute, if you want a smaller brim than mine you have to order 2 1/2 or smaller. 2 5/8 is between 2 1/2 and 2 3/4. It's misleading because 2 3/4 comes before 2 5/8 in the drop-down.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
WOW... Where's MY brain today??? :p :p That's what I deserve for careless, rushed clicking.

I must officially give up all my hopes of becoming a math major now. :eek:

Oh well, I haven't got anything against wider brims. As long as it's under 3". Then I look like a palm tree.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
WOW... Where's MY brain today??? :p :p That's what I deserve for careless, rushed clicking.

I must officially give up all my hopes of becoming a math major now. :eek:

Oh well, I haven't got anything against wider brims. As long as it's under 3". Then I look like a palm tree.

You probably have time to change it.

One other thing - make sure you put in the comments box that you want the binding to match the HAT color, not the ribbon color. The default for "matching" is to match the ribbon. The ribbon colors are the same as the felt colors.

I almost ordered one of the long-haired Grand Beavers; for only 10 bucks more it seemed like a good deal. I just wasn't sure how I'd like the long finish.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
From Pasadena CA I give you the PALCO HAT! From Hotaling's of Pasadena.

palcohat.jpg

palcohat3.jpg

palcohat4.jpg

palcohat2.jpg

palcohat5.jpg

Vintage I'd say is mid 30s, a white sport hat with diamond punched vent holes on each side of the crown... original condition... light wear on sweat band... original box in fair shape. Love the original UPS label on the box!

Fits well, going to clean it up a tad before I wear it... it needs a little attention.

What do ya guys think?

DRB

One Too Many
150719541 said:
2905230270106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2442971230106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2923891260106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

I bought this four years ago, from other hat mexican maker.;) ;) ;)

150719541, Wow, what a beautiful hat! If I could find that hat here in the US, I am sure I would have to try it on. I really like that color, the brim, and the crown.

Could you post a side profile picture of you wearing the hat?

Also, how tall is the crown? Have you ever had it in the open crowned position? If so, how many inches was it?

I think this is one of your better looking hats. Congratulations!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
You probably have time to change it.

One other thing - make sure you put in the comments box that you want the binding to match the HAT color, not the ribbon color. The default for "matching" is to match the ribbon. The ribbon colors are the same as the felt colors.

I almost ordered one of the long-haired Grand Beavers; for only 10 bucks more it seemed like a good deal. I just wasn't sure how I'd like the long finish.

Is there even a brim binding option on the Grand Beaver? I didn't see a box for it as an option, and the picture looks like a raw edge. I did change the brim size. There was enough time.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
My new "Boaterma"

A Capas Panama straw "boater" that I took the red-blue guard's band off of and added a black pleated puggaree. I call it "The Boaterma." More in Boater Faction.

boatama7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael