Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson "The Motor" zephyr weight fedora - late 1920s or early 1930s. Provenance, Dinerman ebay auction. More pictures in this thread.

motor4a.jpg

Sheesh, you can make any hat look good. Why don't you appear in hat ads? Oh, I forgot--there are no hat ads. But if there were, you should be in them.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Yeps, and I agree with you that it fills a niche that needed filling in my arsenal.

Alan, that hat oozes KOOL! I'm also jealous of your ability to seemingly look good in anything (though it may be the string of excellent hats you've been collecting recently). :eusa_clap

Alex

Practically Family
So I just posted, but I got this hat today. Two hats in two days [:

Vintage Hopkins Milan Straw. Maybe one of you gents could tell me a little more about this one?
0109011640.jpg

0109011641.jpg

0109011640a.jpg

0109011639a.jpg

0109011642.jpg

0109011639.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fishing. That's a beautiful narrow brim Milan straw... you'll find quite a lot of them around ebay in every ribbon straw combo imaginable. Exercise restraint! 8^)

DRB

One Too Many
Stetson Pisa. My first quality purchase and I can say that I am very happy with it thus far.
0108011441.jpg

I think you have found "Your" look. The brim, width of ribbon, height and shape of crown, they combine to make for an all-around nice city hat. I like it.

Young fogey: That is a great hat for you too.

alanfgag: That Stetson "The Motor" zephyr weight fedora is one VERY clean and smooth hat.

Alex

Practically Family
Thanks a lot for the comments guys, really appreciate it.
Is anyone familiar with Hopkins hats? Or could it be possible to determine the date, roughly, of my Milan Straw?
The lady I got it from was in her mid 40s I'd say, and said it belonged to her grandfather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner