Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some preview pics of my new custom from Black Sheep Hat Works...just cellphone pics though.
Felt is a hand dyed Oxblood, 2 1/8 brim with underwelt, 1 3/4" ribbon.
179860_733764103808_11701808_39586307_888000_n.jpg

That looks good. I like the looks of that diamond. Nice.

RobStC

A-List Customer
This Echter Mayser Supra just arrived. This one has a unique sweatband that I haven't seen before on Mayser. Beautiful liner and ribbon / bow work. Overall it is a really nice example of the style. Could be early to mid 1950s.
(edit -> originally mislabeled as a Homburg).

5446370942_42f93622cc_b.jpg

Oh my goodness..... That is just such a classy looking hat!!!

Absolutely beautiful, MW; among all the hats you have posted (yes, there have been one or two.....), that one really stands out, IMHO. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

RobStC

carcassi

New in Town
This is a new model made by christy's exclusively for Top secret hats (formerly Hornets hats). It's called swerford and it comes with an open crown. Just ordered one today.

sable_swerford.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
This is a new model made by christy's exclusively for Top secret hats (formerly Hornets hats). It's called swerford and it comes with an open crown. Just ordered one today.

sable_swerford.jpg

Nice looking hat, carcassi, I like the color. Your handle wouldn't be named after an Italian violin maker from the 18th century, would it? :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Where does one find these Mayser hats? Is the company still in existence? All of them look so nice to me-- really beautiful!

My newest addition to the family-- a Tim Bender Bowler-- I think it's based on Civil War era, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's got that very unique, yet simple and kick back look about it. Incidentally, I got my first straight up hat compliments wearing it today at the grocery store, and the guy actually expressed interest in where to find one.
timbendercivilwarerabow.jpg
[/IMG]

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Here are some preview pics of my new custom from Black Sheep Hat Works...just cellphone pics though. Will try to snap some better shots, but looks like a few days of rain out here.

Felt is a hand dyed Oxblood, 2 1/8 brim with underwelt, 1 3/4" ribbon.

These pics definitely do not the color justice.

jlee, you have really gotten me thirsting for oxblood lately!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Josh!

Great looking hat, Josh!... and a great illustration of how hard it is to capture the color of a neutral tone felt hat.

Josh, The Borsalino Alessandria looks great!

Josh, The Borsalino looks great on you. Not too big.

Thank you EVERYONE!! The texture of this felt is some of the best that ive seen for "Modern day" felt. The quality of the felt and the thickness really reminds me of some of the 1950's Champs and Dobbs that Ive handled. The color is extremely weird. It keeps changing based on what type of light its exposed to. The color spectrum ranges from dark tan to green/tan to brown.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks like what was called a beehive hat from the Civil War Era. Kind of a bowler, but with a tapered crown. Very different.
The one I have is more of the medium crown bowler, pictured on Tim's site to the right of the pic you posted-- but has the colors of the taller one.
Interestingly though, Dirtybillyshats.com and Clearwaterhats.com seem to make a real distinction between bowler and beehive-- dirtybilly's bowler being more like my new one, and clearwater's being more like the 1890s type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot