Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman-- very cool hat.
Really nice acquisitions Raider, James, and Tenorclef (Cello, bassoon or bone?).
Josh-- bravo! That's an impressive revival.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh isn't amazing what some steam and a good brushing will do nice hat.

That was my thought as well.
Nice job on bringing the hat back to life, Josh.

Josh, great work on that noble old lid. It looked like it was on its last gasp, but not any more!

Josh-- bravo! That's an impressive revival.

Thank you everyone for the very kind words!! The ribbon has some pretty deep sweat stains, so I might replace that with a vintage black ribbon. The hat is in need of a sweatband replacement, but since the original Stetson sweat has already been replaced, I will have no problem having it replaced again. Maybe I might try replacing it myself. It has decent felt, so thats a start. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My new Falcon Park arrived yesterday. I'm so happy about it I am going to post this in the WHAYWT thread too.
upright22.jpg

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Finally got that grey Tonak fedora today. Excuse the quality of photo and do not look at that shirt please, I'm wearing it with panama in these burning days ;).
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Giftmacher, Great to see a TONAK JHS. I got to visit the factory in the beginning of April which was very cool.

Josh, Nice recovery work with the old Stetson. I really like that ribbon width and block!

Bowlerman, Your custom FP looks fantastic!

JAVIER

Practically Family
The Dobb is In; only disappointment was the color thought I was buying a grey hat but it that funky (tan-brown-green-grey) depending on light. The hats condition was a true surprise in really really good condition. has the "button" on the side of the band (does this tighten?)

Snatched this Dobb up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:MEWAX:IT
Looks like a nice cleaning and I am good to go (hopefully)

What I found interesting besides the hat, is the history of "THE MAN STORE" OF ASHEVILLE,
In 1922, Coleman Zageir opened the Man Store, which sold men’s clothing from their Patton Avenue location for 40 years. Zageir was very popular with his customers as generations of Asheville men bought their suits from the Man Store. Zageir was very civically minded, giving anonymous college scholarships to needy students. When he died, the local newspaper and TV station praised Zageir in editorials. The University of North Carolina at Asheville honored Zageir by naming a campus building after him. http://toto.lib.unca.edu/web_exhibit...mily_store.htm

http://toto.lib.unca.edu/web_exhibit...Patton_mod.jpg
Patton Ave is where the store was located and it's store lot was 18-22, (22), between both lots 1922-1969 (which dates this hat a bit in my eyes)

Iwan Plomp

New in Town
the Poet quality is not worth the money. 177Euro. low quality sweat band, and it is sewd in crooked. just for a little stiffer kind of felt. its Cristys quality. And they cost 70 Euros. its going to be a everyday wearing hat. and not like the Campdraft i have that i want to take care of.

Iwan Plomp

New in Town
herbertjohnsonpoetfedor.jpg
i got the Herbert Johnson Poet Fedora today.

Here a photo with the Akubra Federation 4 that i have a little longer.

Poet right - fed 4 left..

the Poet quality is not worth the money. 177Euro. low quality sweat band, and it is sewd in crooked. just for a little stiffer kind of felt. its Cristys quality. And they cost 70 Euros. its going to be a everyday wearing hat. and not like the Campdraft i have that i want to take care of.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Thanks for that info. I've been eyeing a Poet for a week or two online, but seeing the comparison pic and reading your review confirms the FedIV as a better choice for me.

-Brando

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24