Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
That is one of the sweetest Playboys I've seen. I understand they made them with and without the lining and considered it a "summer felt." I'm just itching to get a nice "summer" felt hat to wear all year round. I hate having my nice lined felts hanging on my wall waiting to get worn. I bought a beautiful Campdraft from a member here and the lining was removed (I have it though to put back in) and it makes a nice summer hat. Still too hot for the 90 degree days like today but it works a lot better than with the lining in.

The other day I was watching Douglas posting some really nice hats in the Classifieds - none of which were my size.

Then to my surprise, I say he was selling a really nice green Playboy - in 71/8 too! Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to get hold of it and here it is; my very first Stetson!

The Playboy is in super condition and I really like the lightweight soft felt - it feels very much like my vintage Silver Borsalino.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with my new hat - thanks Douglas!

D334596-L.jpg

D334598-L.jpg

D334603-L.jpg

D334604-L.jpg

Noggin Shot - sorry, just a cellphone pic!
play-L.jpg

German / Austrian Black Velour, size 54cm. The Velour on this hat is really beautiful and in perfect condition. The overall condition of the hat is very good including the non reeded sweatband. It's definitely pre 1940 and it could easily go back to the 20s. More details in the German and Austrian thread.

5891739605_bcd67971fa_b.jpg

5891739949_4676f6f29e_b.jpg

5892369616_cfe7562b11_b.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous hat, Steve! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think I watched that same one on the 'Bay some time ago. It's actually quite similar to my GJM and from what I know about pre-war German/Austrian hats, I'd definitely date it back to the 20's. There was another pretty old (probably 20's as well) brown velour hat up for sale but in the end I decided to let it pass as I don't really fancy backbows.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That is one of the sweetest Playboys I've seen.

Terry - thanks! I think I was really lucky to grab this. Nice hats don't usually sit around very long in the Classifieds. I really like the Playboy "look" so I'm enjoying this immensely.

DJH, That is a beautiful Stetson Playboy! Douglas has an amazing collection of hats.

Steve - thanks very much. Indeed, Douglas seems to have only great hats in his collection. Most that he posts for sale are a size too large for me - probably a good thing :D

Gorgeous hat, Steve! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think I watched that same one on the 'Bay some time ago. It's actually quite similar to my GJM and from what I know about pre-war German/Austrian hats, I'd definitely date it back to the 20's. There was another pretty old (probably 20's as well) brown velour hat up for sale but in the end I decided to let it pass as I don't really fancy backbows.

Thanks! I decided to contact the seller and make a deal because these were to nice to end up in the wrong hands. :) I paid about $25.00 dollars for both of them including shipping. The felt quality on this black one is really special. I am pretty sure it's Austrian Velour because the word Erko (Thanks Dinerman) appears to be Czech so made some time after WWI. The light brown back bow is great too. I will post photos of that one later.

Last edited:
I picked up another Goldsiegel in size 59cm. This one is NOS so in great condition. It's from the early 1960s. Really nice felt and finish. More info in the German - Austrian thread.

5894314096_9478d39a21_b.jpg

5893751189_cc58dc843f_b.jpg

5894291876_92679f9bac_b.jpg

Last edited:

ThriftyBusiness

New in Town
Hello Fedora loungers! It is my first time on this website and I've one my first Stetson... but I know nothing about it, and I'm sure there is a place for that question so i'll just show you what I have won.
It looks to be a wide brim pork pie:
Picture8.png

Picture7.png

Picture6.png

Picture5.png

Picture4.png

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Newish Champ Featherweight

champ.jpg

champ3.jpg

champ4.jpg

champ5.jpg

I got this on Ruby Lane Antiques website for just under a C-note w/ shipping. I had a mothed-up blue/gray one once, that I sold. Looking fwd. to the opportunity to wear a summer felt... in the summer.

It looks quite sound & I would buy a 194o's dating on it. What do ya'll think? [huh]

Breiter Munich Velour

Breiter Munich Velour, back bow, brown, measures about 55cm. This is the sister hat to the Erko-Velour and also pre 1940. It's has heavy wear but the unique brown Velour is in good condition with no moth damage and the sweatband, ribbon/bow and liner are intact. More in the German - Austrian thread.

5895594598_33273280fc_b.jpg

5895031121_d5bfcdef67_b.jpg

5895614096_36eee19acc_b.jpg

5895049707_6b415a5dbf_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou