Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milpro

New in Town
This was an eBay find. XXX Beaver, Stevens.

I don't know how old it is but it comes from a time when a good beaver hat was $10. It was dirty but undamaged. A little wear on the sweat but otherwise near perfect.

Anyone with insight as to its age I would greatly appreciate it. I'm still new to all of this and have much to learn yet.

Attachments

• beaver1.jpg
    beaver1.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 89
  • beaver2.jpg
    beaver2.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 90
  • beaver3.jpg
    beaver3.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 97
  • beaver4.jpg
    beaver4.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 94
  • beaver7clean.jpg
    beaver7clean.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 97

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
This was an eBay find. XXX Beaver, Stevens.

I don't know how old it is but it comes from a time when a good beaver hat was $10. It was dirty but undamaged. A little wear on the sweat but otherwise near perfect.

Anyone with insight as to its age I would greatly appreciate it. I'm still new to all of this and have much to learn yet.
most likely 60s ... possibly 70s

Wow, what a price! Game Bird is a fabulous lid!
Nice grab, outstanding price
The liner alone is worth more than $4. Congrats!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the likes and the comments on the Game Bird. After a little research, I fired up the kettle this morning to try to straighten this one out. As the steam began to release the bouquet of half century old cigarettes into my kitchen, I did my best to bring this one back to somewhere near the shape it likely started with. The low crown pork pie shape and snazzy band look to me like they'd be more at home in a smoky jazz club (and smell like they were) than in a duck blind.
6fc680bb5a8daac1b1679efe19706077.jpg
02e2a7c2ea80857c2f0e085d1298fc95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Thanks for the likes and the comments on the Game Bird. After a little research, I fired up the kettle this morning to try to straighten this one out. As the steam began to release the bouquet of half century old cigarettes into my kitchen, I did my best to bring this one back to somewhere near the shape it likely started with. The low crown pork pie shape and snazzy band look to me like they'd be more at home in a smoky jazz club (and smell like they were) than in a duck blind.

Nice save on the bird. Looks like a hat now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now you can wear it to a jazz club, confident that you "got game."

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Thanks for the likes and the comments on the Game Bird. After a little research, I fired up the kettle this morning to try to straighten this one out. As the steam began to release the bouquet of half century old cigarettes into my kitchen, I did my best to bring this one back to somewhere near the shape it likely started with. The low crown pork pie shape and snazzy band look to me like they'd be more at home in a smoky jazz club (and smell like they were) than in a duck blind...
Hey, it's a proper hat again! Nice work!

I'd rather smell tabacky.
"Hey Dale, why does your hat smell like you were doing your laundry in a cigar shop?" :p

The mailman brought me a large box from Italy this saturday and the results of the next installment of the Holland-Italy hat-exchange program are in. First one.
Borsalino in the colour Misto lapis, size 56. Grey colour with blue tones. It's a heather felt of incredible quality. Curled brim at 5cm and crown at 11 cm in front. Not a homburg and not a lords hat either, but a dress hat with curled brim. It actually works as a fedora as well but it does not like its brim snapped down. I'm thinking late 1930's.

borsalino misto lapis_02.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_01.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_03.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_04.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_05.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_06.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_07.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_08.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_09.jpg
borsalino misto lapis_10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads