Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Whippets.....

hpim1905.jpg

hpim1904.jpg
[/QUOTE]

GWD and CRH: Great hats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Gotta get meself a Whippet.....

Rob St.C

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
mayserwegener said:
Stetson - Mayser 3X Beaver Quality Homburg size 58cm. The date is stamped inside the sweat 12/27/58. The hat is in perfect shape. The only issue is the paper size tag ripped when I pulled back the sweat band.

4117591477_d00e4c6f16_b.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

CRH said:
Here's some shots of my new Whippet. Did I say new? Yah, it looks like it came off the line yesterday. It even smells new. I couldn't get it to hold a dry crease for the life of me. The brim snap was all wonky and the crown kept popping out - it was like dealing with very thin cardboard. So I got out the spray bottle and gave the hat a good dose.

"Ahhh... Where ya been all my life, man"? :eek: A talking hat! :eek: ;) :p

hpim1904.jpg

Very nice! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
Stetson - Mayser 3X Beaver Quality Homburg size 58cm. The date is stamped inside the sweat 12/27/58. The hat is in perfect shape. The only issue is the paper size tag ripped when I pulled back the sweat band.

Excellent sir! It is superb. :eusa_clap By the way, my max bid was too low on the Habig homburg you pointed out. I'll try again on another though.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRH said:
Was that reshape using a block or your bare hands? Very nice.

GWD, that Whippet is a cat's meow!

Here's some shots of my new Whippet. Did I say new? Yah, it looks like it came off the line yesterday. It even smells new. I couldn't get it to hold a dry crease for the life of me. The brim snap was all wonky and the crown kept popping out - it was like dealing with very thin cardboard. So I got out the spray bottle and gave the hat a good dose.

hpim1904.jpg

Thats a really nice one, CRH. It looks great on you!

Mr. Paladin said:
Excellent sir! It is superb. :eusa_clap By the way, my max bid was too low on the Habig homburg you pointed out. I'll try again on another though.

Thanks! I saw you just missed on that Habig. I am keeping a look out for another one.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
New Akubra

As I am seemingly the only hat obsessed person in this shopping area the only real hat supply store here let me down into the dark lair of their basement yesterday.
I found an unusual old Akubra that I have not been able to find any mention of anywhere at all.
Anyone here know anything about a "Ranchero"?
The pic is awful, from my phone in the store, but it is a delicate cream and the crown is an open telescope almost completely round:
th_img122.jpg

Here I will also add an equally poor pic of the Akubra Stockman my father gave me and I refitted this week:
th_img120.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
I haven't heard of an Akubra Ranchero. Didn't Resistol have a 'Ranchero' at some point?

That one looks a little like the Akubra Cowboy, though it's hard to tell from the pic.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:

4117591477_d00e4c6f16_b.jpg

4117590551_e641795be6_b.jpg

I was wearing licence Stetson Homburg, today, for grocery shopping on the market. :rolleyes:

billysmom

One Too Many
Ladies' Borsalino

This one from the 'bay. It's a deep midnight blue color velour:

Navy-Borso.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

At first I thought it was black, but then I held it up to a black velvet evening suit that I plan to wear to the symphony tonight and its true color became clear!

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points