Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Feeling envy...

DobbsMilan_3.jpg

NICE!!!! *.*

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mikey P said:
My "new" Knox. I think I look better in pinch fronts, but this is a very comfortable hat, and was the right price. Wish I knew what year it was from.

I don't know what the deal with my mouth is; looks like I'm sucking on a life saver or something. [huh]

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG
you can easily put a front pinch in that with a bit of steam, or just soak it, but I wouldn't looks good the way it is. [huh]

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey, remember me!? :)

DSCN0509.jpg

Great looking Stratoliner Gene, I like the styling; glad to see a bit more of you finally. I'm really enjoying the Dobbs Hanover Square I got from you at Monteagle too.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab

RBH

Bartender
Ande1964 said:
It literally took me years, but I finally own a genuine Open Road. I've wanted one since first getting into hats and finding out Truman wore one. Somehow, I've never been able to land one until now. I always thought I'd get a silverbelly, but I already own a Knox clone and a non-OR Stetson in that color, as well as an Adam Strat clone in light brown. When this light gray popped up, I threw down a pretty hefty bid. Ended up getting it for $200. Sold my Stetson Twenty-Five for the exact same price, and I'm thrilled with the swap.

The hat was shapeless when I got it. I cleaned it with Coleman fuel and dunked it in water before stretching it out a bit to fit my long oval head. It fist very nicely now. It's a pretty light hat. The color shifts in different lights... should be very versatile.

I think it dates to mid to late fifties. I thought I had seen this Deluxe liner here before, but a search didn't find it for me.

I'm really happy with the crease. One of my better efforts, I think (he said, humbly).

Perfect for a sunny Kansas spring day.

Anj
Congrats!!! Great Open Road :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Leo Extra Lusso

4514680729_2a3c4e59ea_o.jpg
4515365976_b8fc02de31_b.jpg
4515455902_c049f2e51c_b.jpg

Gorgeous Deep Royal Blue just short of Navy color(as close as possible on my screen) and near Velour finish. More later in Borsalino thread.
Sorry about the size,but the editing software messes up color and saturation when i reduce it.

Wow that is a beauty! The color / finish are fantastic as you noted. Also everything else about it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Wow that is a beauty! The color / finish are fantastic as you noted. Also everything else about it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:arated:

deenis

Familiar Face
Another amazing hat. That color looks like it could accent many of your clothes. I'll bet that the color looks even better in the sunlight. Perhaps a little lighter in the sunlight?

That is one of the most perfect ribbon bows I have ever seen. One could barely see the stitching.

Is this one of your favorites?
You gotta love the Borsalinos. Nice!
borsalino-logo.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This is a really cool Bees Hat (Bees Hats in St Louis Missouri). I just got it today. I only paid $16 dollors for it on ebay. I dont know if you can tell but the hat is PERFECT. It looks like it was never worn. It has very high quality fur felt, that is extreamly soft. The box is a little beat up, but overall its really nice. Based on its shape, writing font, and the low gloss finish, I would guess the hatbox is from the 40's, maybe even the late 30's. Enjoy:

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads