Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Public Displays of Affection

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
the_kiss.jpg

I know its :eek:fftopic: but this story was on the news the other night: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27646511/

Bless her heart! I think those "Navy boys" are awfully sweet to participate in a re-enactment :D

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
December said:
It's so rare to see anyone over 30 showing affection to each other in public and that makes me sad. I love it when I see an old couple holding hands as they walk down the road. It makes me all smushy :)
I didn't see this which i'm glad about because it would have really angered me, but my mum told me that the other week she saw an old couple atleast in their 80s holding hands whilst walking down the street and there was a group of teenagers laughing at them.
Ridiculous.

On another note, I don't mind seeing a couple cuddle or kiss a little in public. I don't like to see full on french kissing, even on tv.. alot of the reason is because other people just can't kiss properly!!
I didn't think the term "sucking face" was literal.

Elaina

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
Party Favors?????lol lol lol You never stop amazing me.

Kind of yes. When my dead beat ex-husband and I split, I went out and got the Wicked witch of the West on plates, napkins, and some adult themed party favors with the usual divorce things as well as a few anti-men sentiments (I love men, don't get me wrong, but it was nice to cut lose and be a man hater after the crap I dealt with for about 5 minutes of which half the guests were male friends that took it in stride), and a cake with a man's suit bottoms and shoes under "divorce papers" dumped on him for a cake. We had a rousing rendition of "Ding Dong the louse is gone." They do make divorce party favors, as a matter of fact, and I had several. In case you can't tell, we had a bit of a celebratory divorce-likening him to an evil character-anti-ex party going on.

It was a God awful relationship and the best party I ever threw.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm a slut!

Beautiful young French girl.........we're making out/groping at the bar..............then she tells me she's married.............:eek: :eusa_doh:......Catholic Guilt ensues......:eek:

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
her fault. :rage: and something that makes me very, very, angry. You couldn't have known....I'm going to assume you acted honorably after learning that information though.

Foofoogal

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caity Lynn
This post made me think of this

oh my god i love Madeline Kahn she is soooo fantastic <3

I love her too. She is hilarious.
Moral of this story or video is never, ever tell your girlfriends about
"you would be surprised." Ever, ever... Ever.
Just constantly hum to yourself. ;)

zootsuit007

New in Town
Simply My 2 cents

Having been on both sides of the equation, I can see the fun in a little PDA... But I can also see how uncomfortable people get. I get a little uncomfortable watching a couple go at it like jackrabbits so me and the missus keep the lovin' to a minimum out in public. A quick kiss in the car is one thing, but knockin' boots in the middle of the drive-thru is something else entirely. Best to make room for the Holy Ghost when you're out and about.;)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
Kind of yes. When my dead beat ex-husband and I split, I went out and got the Wicked witch of the West on plates, napkins, and some adult themed party favors with the usual divorce things as well as a few anti-men sentiments (I love men, don't get me wrong, but it was nice to cut lose and be a man hater after the crap I dealt with for about 5 minutes of which half the guests were male friends that took it in stride), and a cake with a man's suit bottoms and shoes under "divorce papers" dumped on him for a cake. We had a rousing rendition of "Ding Dong the louse is gone." They do make divorce party favors, as a matter of fact, and I had several. In case you can't tell, we had a bit of a celebratory divorce-likening him to an evil character-anti-ex party going on.

No kids between the two of you?

(If you wanna take this to PM, please do.)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:

Was this the Greek guy?

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Not buses...

but airports. I think an intense movie kiss PDA for a reunion at the airport is lovely and hand on heart.

Love to see it airport PDA - rare
Love to part participate in airport PDA - about once a month

Hand holding mandatory at all times when the weather is below 86.5 degrees

NicknNora

A-List Customer
klind65 said:
In the golden era social opprobrium was leveled at those who ventured to be too demonstrative with their mutual affection in public. Even when I was growing up, a few decades later, this was still a considered a gaucherie. Yet now, it appears to be making an unfortunate return. I still find it distasteful. What are your opinions? Does it bother you when people attempt to devour one another in public? Do you prefer people to keep some semblance of dignity when in view of others?

Do you mean like this? I personally don't have a problem with the mutual affection shown in this photo.

The Kiss at Time Square from photosthatchangedtheworld.com

the_kiss1.jpg

Update: Sorry, I guess I should have gone through the entire thread before posting. If I had I would have seen that someone beat me to it. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24