Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Public service announcement. You may be entitled to "vintage" funds.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Ok, so maybe this isn't exactly a topic of vintage interest, but then again maybe some of you are truly entitled to some "vintage" cash left over from old bank accounts, unclaimed utility deposits, etc.:)
Ya never know. I typed in my name and got my brother's name to come up. Turns out he is owed a security deposit from the phone company from over 15 years ago. Not a big deal, granted, but read on.
I then typed in the name of my maternal grandfather and that turned up an account in his name which has been sitting idle in a bank for about 35 years! Results only indicate if the amount due is under 100 dollars, or over 100 dollars. My grandfather's account turned out to be over. I have a hunch this is a sizable amount of cash as the account has been gathering interest for all these years.
I am currently trying to arrange for my mom to claim the cash as she is the rightful heir.
Try this free site and who knows?,..you may just find some dough you never knew you had. :)
http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/Index.cfm
It's totally free to search, with minimal fees to file papers in your local courts or get documentation notarized to make your claim if any. Results will of course vary,.....
Good luck.:)

Foofoogal

Banned
I have a little bit from my Father and have the paperwork but cannot send for it for some reason. Too emotional about it.
I was the power of attorney when he was sick and just cannot go there but congratulations on your find and this link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran