Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality pimp hat for sale

Aerol

A-List Customer
Optimo Traveler

[/QUOTE] For the record, what's wrong with the Optimo Travler? It looks like a perfectly cromulent lid to me - am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

The Optimo Traveler is a fine hat. It's basically a lightweight body which has been hand-formed to have an optimo (as in Montechristi) ridge. I have seen Graham do this. This enables the hat to fold or roll for quick storage.

It's not my style, but my lawyer swears by his. He says that most courthouses don't have hat racks, and this enables him to put his hat in his pocket while in court.

Levallois

Practically Family
Apparently there were pimp hats in the 1940s as well? Wormser Royal Luxury in pimpin' purple:

Wormserhat006.jpg

And worn by yours truly who doesn't think of himself as a pimp:

Coathattie006.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
HatSoup said:
001h.jpg

This is an example of a cheap pimp hat, look at the seam through the center, I wouldn't pay more than $1.50 for that.

Right click, properties...this is a $650 Optimo traveller. Might not be everyones idea of a dream hat, but gotta respect the maker. Good luck with your $1.50. Next brilliant idea please...

Neil

A-List Customer
Well . . .

Actually, it's a $550 Optimo traveller. I was in the shop last month and tried it on, and thought it looked pretty nice, but in my world, anyway, $550 is simply insane for an unlined hat with a cloth sweatband.
I bought another of Graham's lovely creations instead, a classic centredent in a blue so light it looks grey, and ordered the Borsalino Allesandro from Village Hats for $200 instead.
I suppose Graham would claim his Traveller hat's felt is far, far superior, and therefore worth the extra three hundred bones, but let's face it. . .this is a hat you roll up. The Borso is just fine.
Or maybe Graham would not claim anything, and just say the price is $550, and that's that. Which I am completely cool with. He wouldn't be asking those prices if someone wasn't willing to shell out.
And the likes of Johnny Depp and a pile of other rich people have done just that for his hats.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
HatSoup said:
Those are fine pimp hats you guys have on. Does anyone know how to stash crack or weed in the liner of their pimp hats without damaging the hat?

Hatsoup, Dear, my understanding is that pimps stash their stuff elsewhere than in their hats...
Understandably; hats are prone to damage.
(tongue in cheeck, of course :eek: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97