Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about quick hairdos

Philosophe

New in Town
I couldn't find anything elsewhere, so I thought I would post this question here. I'm doing make up and hair for our high school production of West Side Story and I'm having trouble finding hairstyles that can be done relatively quickly. Most of the girls have long hair and are not willing to cut it. I'm inexperienced when it comes to hair as is my crew. Do you have any suggestions for quick hairstyles from the 50's that we can use, especially ones that Puerto Rican women would wear? Thank you!

Philosophe

New in Town
Thanks! That helps a alot! Would it be period if some of the girls wore their hair a little pulled back with scarfs and headbands and then fall in down the back in long curls?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I bumped the "Lazy Vintage Hairstyles Thread" for you. It's pages long and plenty helpful,though it is a blend of eras.

Sunny87

New in Town
Philosophe said:
Thanks! That helps a lot! So I guess mainly ponytails and pigtails with rolled bangs would work?
I have to agree,pony tails were a teen look in the 50s and 60s.
My mom said they would wear matching color outfits,like a black top black bottoms.. and wear ponytails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner