Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about USWings A-2

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Hello gents,

Looking for - hopefully - a simple answer to a simple question.

Does the USWings Signature Series Goatskin A-2 have a one piece back, or a multi-piece back?

If you own one, can you answer the above question for me?

CAVEAT - I am not trying to start another discussion about the merits of one jacket manufacturer/jacket over another. I have read all the previous posts I could about various A-2's and their makers on this site. Please don't start an argument on my account. lol

Is it one piece or more?

Thanks,

dv

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I live near the store and I won one of their goat skins a few years ago in a radio station contest. Really nice jacket of thick goat, and the price was right! :)
I used it for my first nose art jacket, and it's my favorite to this day.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Maj. Danger,

That's kind of the direction I'm thinking at this moment.

There's a really fun vintage genuine nose-art A-2 on eBay (but the bid is up over $1000 - daddy don't have that kind of scratch) and I'm feeling kind of inspired, hence, the question above.

Thanks for all the input.

dv

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
wait, wait, wait

CLARIFICATION ALERT!!!!!!

USWings Signature Series A-2, not the USWings Signature Series A-2 2000...

are we discussing the correct jacket, even though I was not specific?

ARRRRGH

dv

James Miller

One of the Regulars
US Wings Great for the money

I own three of US Wings jacket and they are a very good jacket for the money and the quality is wonderful. Some people say there early jackets had problems. I have purchased mine within the last three years and thay are number one quality. They do have a one piece back. These are the modern military flight jackets and well made.

I own a couple of cooper Jackets and US Wing are by far the better jacket. The only reason I have held on to the Coopers is because I want various jacket from differant manufactors for my collection. Do keep in mind that these jackets are ment to be used, if you are looking for vintage jackets you may want to try Aero leather or Flight jackets .com . If your looking for the best working jacket for your money you can't go wrong with US Wings.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
uswings feedback

i've had uswings, but i'd always go milspec with them...i did with my g-1...has side warmer pockets but that is milspec to the us coastguard (tho not the navy)...so i do have the perforated coastguard name on the inner windflap...totally excellent jacket which has held up like new for 4 years now...and what a price!

as for the a-2, totally milspec down to not only the one piece back, but throat latch and top entry only pocks, and trimmer mil sizing...that is not the "2000" as has been mentioned, but the goat skin brown milspec signature, i think the top jacket on their uswings 'signature' jacket page on their website...they are currently having a 10 percent off sale on all these signature jackets, so i bought my milspec a-2 yesterday for $206 plus their $20 shipping...can you beat that (generally speaking) for a new milspec a-2? sale's on till the end of dec...and no, i'm not a shill for uswings...i must say i don't care for their non-milspec stuff at all...but credit where it's due

johnnyjohnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy